“Experience of a lifetime! Best tour ever!!”

John Gray's Sea Canoe
Ranked #1 of 214 Tours in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After 12 years designing and developing one of the World's most highly awarded Ecotourism companies, John "Caveman" Gray goes his own way by forming "John Gray's SeaCanoe" with 18 of his most loyal and experienced guides. "After 12 years in Phuket, the experiment ran its course and I was packing for Polynesia," says Gray, "but when all these guides showed up, I had no choice but to stay and do another start-up."
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

There seems to be operators selling tours on every corner so I decided to do some research. The best reviews came up with exquisite tours run by Miss We. We decided to go with the John Grey island canoeing tour. Best decision we ever made. It was a bit more expensive but the tour was just so unbelievable it was almost priceless. Great guides, amazing food, absolutely beautiful locations. I'd do it all over again! Highly recommend!

1  Thank Vanessa C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,571)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 75 reviews

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We just want to say a very special" thank you " to all the staff and there helpers of John Gray's Sea Canoe for making this the best trip/tour we have ever been on. After reading up about the tour on tripadvisor we could not wait to do the tour. We are so glad we did, we were not disappointed at all. it was amazing and the places we visited was breathtaking and the food was great too.

The staff were friendly and bonded with you. At the end of the trip we felt sad because it felt as though we were leaving our friends behind. Thank you for showing us the magic of the see. I loved the glitter in the sea when rubbing the water at night. It was so beautiful and very peaceful. it made me feel so blessed to have see it.

1  Thank Gia254
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We are a family of four with two girls aged 5 and 9. We booked this tour on the recommendation of our hotel.

We were picked up from our hotel in a nice minivan and brought to the docks where the main big boat was. We got on the boat and started the journey. The main guide was very professional he explained everything we were to do in great detail and his English was quite good too.

We were then given our own guides for the day. Two people plus guide per kayak. My guide was really nice. All of the guides were brilliant with the children. Do not be afraid to take your children it was very well organised and We felt safe at all times. My children loved it.

The food was cooked on board and was really nice. My daughter has an allergy to nuts and they were very helpful with this, cooking her a special meal without nuts. During the free time for swimming and general mucking about the guides swam and mucked about with everyone which I thought was nice.

If you are looking to do something as a family I would recommend this.

A few tips, bring towels, a spare change of clothes, sun cream, your camera and if you've got them swimming shoes. They give you a waterproof bag for all of your things.

We loved it.

1  Thank enricio
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family joined the trip looking for some family fun and boy did we enjoyed the day. The trip is about seeing some natural wonder of Thailand, they have local fishermen/profession tour guide to paddle you around, taking you inside tiny sea tunnel and into lagoon with breath taking scene.

The paddler who taken care of us was called 'Champ' the guide has worked in the industry for decades, and commence enough English to share a bit of the region and history around.

The food was very good too, and the staff are experienced and fun.

The only complain I have was the speed of the boat. I wish it could have been faster, the 1.5 hour it took to return to port was long and boring.

Reflecting on the trip everyone of my family say they find this to be the highlight of their trip. it was exciting, relaxing and fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I'm not sure what I was more blown away by after this day, the scenery (most incredible scenery I have seen in my life by a long mile), the hospitality (all the guides are so fun, friendly, and speak english), or the delicious homecooked food (both lunch and dinner cooked and served on the boat, and ten times better than the Thai food you can get in Phuket). I wish I had more words to explain how amazing this activity is, but I am still speechless from the scenery we paddled through. The caves are unlike anything I had imagined and when you break through into daylight (or moonlight) into the center of the island.... simply wow. Do this trip! You will NOT regret it.