“Enjoyed Hong by star light tremendously”

John Gray's Sea Canoe
Ranked #2 of 199 Tours in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After 12 years designing and developing one of the World's most highly awarded Ecotourism companies, John "Caveman" Gray goes his own way by forming "John Gray's SeaCanoe" with 18 of his most loyal and experienced guides. "After 12 years in Phuket, the experiment ran its course and I was packing for Polynesia," says Gray, "but when all these guides showed up, I had no choice but to stay and do another start-up."
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoyed Hong by star light tremendously”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My family joined the trip looking for some family fun and boy did we enjoyed the day. The trip is about seeing some natural wonder of Thailand, they have local fishermen/profession tour guide to paddle you around, taking you inside tiny sea tunnel and into lagoon with breath taking scene.

The paddler who taken care of us was called 'Champ' the guide has worked in the industry for decades, and commence enough English to share a bit of the region and history around.

The food was very good too, and the staff are experienced and fun.

The only complain I have was the speed of the boat. I wish it could have been faster, the 1.5 hour it took to return to port was long and boring.

Reflecting on the trip everyone of my family say they find this to be the highlight of their trip. it was exciting, relaxing and fun.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Los Gatos, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just do it - you won't regret it”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I'm not sure what I was more blown away by after this day, the scenery (most incredible scenery I have seen in my life by a long mile), the hospitality (all the guides are so fun, friendly, and speak english), or the delicious homecooked food (both lunch and dinner cooked and served on the boat, and ten times better than the Thai food you can get in Phuket). I wish I had more words to explain how amazing this activity is, but I am still speechless from the scenery we paddled through. The caves are unlike anything I had imagined and when you break through into daylight (or moonlight) into the center of the island.... simply wow. Do this trip! You will NOT regret it.

Visited July 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic trip, great guides , sensational scenery”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

What a fantastic day trip out of everything we did in phuket this was my fav. Fantastic staff with a great sense of humor. A big thank you to "bad boi" our canoe guide- you were tops. Food was soo good. Thank you for a wonderful trip :) :)from jess

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

The tour was well organised from the friendly pick up at our resort, the boat trip and the canoes. The staff on board were well informed and the whole tour had a strong environmental focus.
Do not miss this experience when you visit Phuket .

Visited July 2014
Hong Kong, China
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fabulous day, and great service!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our family and our friends hired a private charter to avoid the crowds. No problem with booking, and they picked us up on time in a mini-van (with AC) from the hotel of our preference.

At the pier, we were greeted by Tiger, the friendly guide that helped us into the boat. We met the rest of the crew, and they were very safety concious- life jackets, safety presentation etc. We visited three "hongs". It was stunning, and looked like something out of Jurassic Park. In the cave there are many eroded shapes, and seeing bats, monkeys, and mudskippers was an extra plus. .Very informative guides, and flexible on changes so that the day was tailor-made to our choice. After 2 cave trips, we went to a private beach- not brilliant sand, a little dirty, but in stunning surrondings. Huge limestone cliffs for us to explore in free-time. Lunch was served on the boat , Thai food, made fresh from the amazing cooks downstairs. The crew played games with us, and we visited the last cave. Beautiful scenery all day long, without the masses of tourists. Well worth a visit, and if you want something special for an occasion, a private charter is well worth the extra money.