“An amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

John Gray's Sea Canoe
Ranked #2 of 195 Tours in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After 12 years designing and developing one of the World's most highly awarded Ecotourism companies, John "Caveman" Gray goes his own way by forming "John Gray's SeaCanoe" with 18 of his most loyal and experienced guides. "After 12 years in Phuket, the experiment ran its course and I was packing for Polynesia," says Gray, "but when all these guides showed up, I had no choice but to stay and do another start-up."
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Outstanding from the quality of the experience to the knowledgeable and friendly staff. I really appreciated their respect for the environment and the animals we encountered which added to this magical experience. Delicious food, great explanation of everything and probably the best day I had on my 3 week holiday. A five star experience - thank you!

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Danville, Ca
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Best day in Thailand/Best Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

There are so many tour companies that visit Phang Nga Bay and prices vary greatly. We went with our hotel's recommendation of John Gray Sea Canoe. I cannot imagine another tour company could do a better job. This is a first class tour company.

John Gray Sea Canoe is different because they leave around 11:00 am and return around 8:00 pm; thus avoiding all of the crowds. Most tours leave in the morning and the area can be very busy. We saw very few boats on our trip.

Both lunch and dinner are served on the boat. Both meals were the best meals we had during our two week trip to Thailand! Yes, really!

They take you in a large boat for about an hour to the Phang Nga Bay. One of the staff members takes two people in a canoe into the caves. It is the most peaceful beautiful experience we've had.

We ate dinner while watching the sunset. We then made an offering to take into a cave in the dark. Very cool!

We're going to come back and take this tour again!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JackieH
Phuket Town, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An exciting and rewarding day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Having been with one of the opposition companies earlier in the week we can honestly say that this is a very professional company. Every aspect of the days activities is covered, from booking to transport from and to the hotel, the presentation of the food, the information about the islands and caves. If a change is made to the itinerary we were informed and given the reason why the change was made. A very professional company and highly recommended.
We were lucky to have a great paddler by the name of Moosa who is an asset to the company as he takes time to point out the little things and has a very good eye for anyone wishing to take photos.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RichardRandall
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highlight of my trip to Thailand, great staff and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My friend and I went on the John Gray canoe adventure in Phuket, Thailand June 24, 2014. They picked us up from the JW hotel around noon and we met other passengers at the pier.; they split us into 2 groups so it was not crowded. John gray adventure was well worth the money, we were on out in sea for 6-8hrs canoeing. I cannot swim but our assigned guide (Aew) made me feel so safe and I actually jumped into the sea with my vest on. We went into caves and lagoons which was pretty amazing. The food deserves a review on its own because it was beyond amazing! We highly recommend John Gray and our personal guide Aew.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Folasadie A
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Chose this tour over some of the cheaper ones and so glad we did. The whole day from start to finish was amazing. One of the best experiences in Thailand so far.