“Well done and worthwhile”

John Gray's Sea Canoe
Ranked #2 of 198 Tours in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After 12 years designing and developing one of the World's most highly awarded Ecotourism companies, John "Caveman" Gray goes his own way by forming "John Gray's SeaCanoe" with 18 of his most loyal and experienced guides. "After 12 years in Phuket, the experiment ran its course and I was packing for Polynesia," says Gray, "but when all these guides showed up, I had no choice but to stay and do another start-up."
Boise, Idaho
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Well done and worthwhile”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Ok yes it is a VERY popular tourist destination, and there were way too many sea kayakers, but I'd do it all again. It's a unque and fascinating place. The water is warm and inviting and ther's plenty of time for swimming and relaxing.

The crew were very friendly and were sincerely motivated to show everyone a good time. They worked hard for us and I believe that everyone on our trip was impressed and happy.

The food was plentiful and tasty.

We were lucky with all warm and sunny weather; I could imagine being really wet for a long time if it rains. In either case, take a change of dry clothes for the hour long boat ride home.

Visited October 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything about this tour was so scenic. The staff was friendly, the food was great and the caves were unreal. This is a must for anyone visiting Phuket.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Triprocrastinator
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

4 of us went on this amazing sea canoe trip -Hong by starlight. Initially the price stings a bit but when you're out there it all becomes worth it. The food was also very good. Staff were friendly and helpful. I've uploaded some footage of the canoe trip on youtube:

Visited September 2012
2 Thank araja999
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“There is nothing else like this anywhere!!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Do not hesitate to go on this trip!!! For the money you get all your transportation, more food than you could ever eat, an excellent guide, group kratong session and the offering ceremony using them and a lifetime of memories!!!! Thanks!!!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank KikiCaddo
Brisbane
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“You MUST do this tour if you are in Phuket!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My parents and I did this tour when we were in Phuket and I must say that it was the absolute highlight of my trip. The food was the very best food I ate on the entire trip to Thailand. In fact, it may have been the best food I have ever eaten. The last trip to light our candle floats we made was positively magical and the staff were a pleasure to spend the day with.

I would encourage anyone to do this tour and it seems it would be suitable for all ages. There were small children right through to grandmas and grandpas on our tour. It's a late start too so you can have a sleep in which is nice while you are on holidays.

The staff were very knowledgeable about the area and had informative answers for everyone's questions. If there is only 1 tour you do in Thailand, do yourself a favour and make sure it is this one.

Visited August 2012