“A breathtaking experience filled with passion and knowledge.”

John Gray's Sea Canoe
Ranked #2 of 195 Tours in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After 12 years designing and developing one of the World's most highly awarded Ecotourism companies, John "Caveman" Gray goes his own way by forming "John Gray's SeaCanoe" with 18 of his most loyal and experienced guides. "After 12 years in Phuket, the experiment ran its course and I was packing for Polynesia," says Gray, "but when all these guides showed up, I had no choice but to stay and do another start-up."
Port Stephens, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A breathtaking experience filled with passion and knowledge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

If you only do one trip from a stay in Phuket, John Gray's Sea Canoe is the one. From the transfer, to the boat and back again it is by far an excellent day. The day is filled with laughs, great food and outstanding knowledge from the guides. The sea caves are amazing, the quiet lagoons superb and there are not the crowds that the other operators have. John Gray has set up his staff to give the tourist an excellent experience without expectation of extra tips. The canoe trip just on dusk into the lagoon caves is one my wife and I will remember forever. Do this trip and you will not be dissapointed.

Visited August 2011

50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a fantastic tour we were with people who just loved their jobs all the guides were into it - the scenery was brilliant and the food plentiful and lovely - a must do you will not be disappointed

2 Thank passionatetotravel
Al Ain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The trip was amazing. Two days after our John Gray's tour, we did a boat trip to Phi Phi Island and it was like comparing chalk with cheese or champagne with spumante! John Gray's was first class in every way - the quality of food, the quality of the boats, the quality/knowledge of the guides, the sites we visited, the environmental appreciation that is embodied throughout the trip.......I could go on and on.
We are a family of five and we actually secured two adult places free of charge as a reward for attending a Marriott Vacation Club time-share presentation in Patong. In spite of this, if we'd paid full price to attend, it would have represented some of the best-spent tourist dollars of our entire month in Phuket!
The day was magical and we'll never forget it. The guides instill a respect for nature and for the precious and fragile environment of the national park. The food and drinks were great quality and both were plentiful.
A great day, highly recommended. Everything provided. Just bring your camera!

3 Thank McGregorFamilyAlAin
Winter Park, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“perfect combination of adventure and relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is the 3rd time I have gone on a John Gray sea canoe. My sister and I and my niece did the "hong by starlight" which, as always was great. The bay is always calm so the boat ride was smooth which was good since my niece usually gets motion sickness. The lunch served was the first food that my niece had loved during her time in Asia....so....compliments to the women that prepare the excellent meals. My sister and niece loved their guide, Sonny. My guide Alan was fantastic. He was smart and fun and very kind. We had a blast during a break and swimming off the boat. This day was the highlight of my sister's and niece's trip to Asia. Thank you again.

2 Thank KLManzi
Singapore, Singapore
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Super trip! Unforgettable experience as per all the honest reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Phang Nga Bay Hong by the starlight tour is a must go for all visitors to Phuket to see something different and a great escape from hectic city life. I went with John Gray's sea canoe and despite the seemingly steep price of about $120USD, it was well well worth the money for a full day of unforgettable experiences of sights, sounds and great tastes! Never thought such wonders of nature are in existence and you'd definitely come off more appreciative of life after this trip.

Not forgetting my wonderful local guide Oh and all the rest of the crew whom ensured myself and galfriend a wonderful experience! Cheers!

4 Thank arai33