Taxi drivers at the airport burst into uncontrolled laugh when they heard where are we heading. Well, after getting there we realised why. This place is weird.
The lobby looks OK (although quite deserted) then you go through empty corridors, pass locked shops and service points, avoid stains on the floors and get to the room, which luckily is not as scary as you would imagine after seeing the corridors.
On the plus side:
- clean bed & bathroom (although corridor stains affect the general cleanliness score)
- free water (if we understood the sign correctly)
- good A/C
- if you arrive late you can get a good night sleep and move on the next day, just make sure you get a good online deal and don't pay much
On the minus side:
- creepy, weird place with lots of empty rooms (there was a gazillion of keys waiting in the lobby)
- common areas need refurbishment real soon or in fact needed it 10 years ago
- the rooms need a small revamp too but not as badly as the rest
- no hot water, crappy TV
- you can smoke in rooms (and you can tell that without seeing an ashtray)
Reception sells tickets to the Ko Phi Phi ferry for 450 baht – it is less than the advertised prices on the pier but more than some other agencies can offer.More
- Free Wifi
- Free parking