“SAVE YOUR LIFE. AVOID THIS PLACE!”
Review of Sinthavee Hotel

Sinthavee Hotel
Ranked #73 of 92 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Where to start… Although our net stay in this hotel had taken about 30 minutes, it was one of the scariest experiences in our lives. All the Phuket Town is rather terrible than anything else and this horror hotel plays a major role in this dire, God-forgotten place. We booked our rooms in the SINthavee via some “nameless” travel agency on the Phuket Airport, a price 1200 b./room/night seemed reasonable due to very nice photos and recommendations in the hotel catalog that was shown us by a dishonest seller from the agency (if I met him again!!!). We also thought that the reasonable (but not low) prize is a guarantee the hotel should not be bad. The reality was awful! Time stopped 30-40 years ago there! The hotel lobby was weird, receptionists cannot speak English… but you are staying there and still hoping – “Ok, it could be worse. Maybe the room will be fine.” No. It won’t. Our walk between the lobby and the elevator was like in Chernobyl the day after, carpets in elevator, halls and rooms are covered by various stains (“Do you see it too? Is it really blood?”), insect and waste, bedding and curtains in our room dirty, plasters cracked, lights broken, fridge empty, door to some weird space called by hotel management as “balcony” or “terrace” could not be closed… Our favorite detail was an uninsulated electric cable leading circa 5 cm behind bed pillow. Ladies and gentlemen, it was a real electric bed!!! Immediately we start to think about group suicide, or trying to find a new hotel. The second alternative tightly won. We found probably the most expensive hotel in the city (must say on very, very average quality), but still at the great price considering our hole lives were at stake. Of course, any attempt to get our money back from the hotel management (we paid but not-consumed one night stay) was impossible. Never, ever, ever again!!! If you are not Fellini, Elli Roth or Tarantino thinking about a new horror movie, or if you are not freak scientist dealing with research of dangerous insect, or if you are not just crazy, avoid this place!

Room Tip: I guess there is no good room. Warning - the hotel website, catalog, promotion... All is one big LIE...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
14  Thank Ales598

Reviewed January 26, 2012

this hotels website is all lies. everything is shut down in this hotel (i went during the busiest season). the lobby looks ok and then you are shoved into a world of terror and abandonment. i felt like i was in the movie the shining as i walked to my 'deluxe room' on the 9th floor. I expected to see two twins ready to murder me around each bend. the restaurant was a lovely picture of 10 years of guestless preservation. As I arrived in my room, before me lay a picturesque scene of carpet stains and peeling cement. I contemplated sleeping on my balcony, until I walked out and realized one wrong step would send me falling to my doom. "Well," I thought, "A warm shower should make me feel better after my extended travels." However, like a phantom disappearing in the night, my water pressure and hot water too were gone never to return. I am suprised I woke up alive in the morning. I promptly checked out and stayed with the first good-looking English speaker I could find for my second night.

Room Tip: go to the Merlin Hotel down the street. Beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed January 4, 2012

+ very big minibar to fill with your own drinks :) (and prices affordable), +early checkin (7am) without extra, +hotel room 400baht night. +- quite pleasant staff but did not really speak or want to speak english, nor did they try to sell anything in good and bad, -the reception is quite disorganized and there is sometimes lazy staff who do not mind to serve their guests. Overall the hotel manages to provide accommodation but no experience. So do not expect anything spectacular and your expectations will be met.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2011

First the hostel is filthy, the carpet in the whole hotel including the rooms is dirty and old.......the walls are dirty, n need serious be painted.
The worst of everything is the bedbugs in the rooms, I went to reception to complain the guy did not speak english, I managed to explain and show the bites in my body. after while all he said in "oh no"
I paid a lot for no services and stay in a infested place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank miguelgentile
Reviewed February 26, 2011

stayed one night and very disappointed. its a very old motel and the room I stayed in was very shabby and this was a deluxe room

No hot water
If i did not pay in advance I would have moved on .
DO NOT RECCOMMEND

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank happyplacedave
Reviewed February 22, 2011

after days of searching, 4 of us booked 2 rooms via sinthavee email address.
at first i found it scary for 4 -first time in phuket- girls.
after all they didnt reply my mail completely
& by phone, i found it so hard to understand their english.
but when we got there, the room & service all is fine!
surprise-surprise!!
for a small money, the bed, the bathroom, the air con all neat & clean
the hotel staff may not speak english properly but we love their effort to comfort & guide us while we were there

thx sinthavee

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pinkmabelle
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I spent three nights 27 to 30 July 2010.,I paid in advance after seeing the room offered.When I ran a bath the water pressure was good BUT no hotwater.I complained daily about this,on the 2nd day the hanyman brought a small electric kettle,he suggested that I fill the bath,boil the kettle and warm the water this way.It would never work of course.The bath room was clean.The room was quite pleasant,it had a mini bar.2 bottles of free water provided. the small tv onle had the free to air channels in Thai.The airconditioning worked well.the queensize bed was comfortable.The price of B500 per night room only would have been great if there had been hotwater.I would recommend the hotel providing the hot water problem was fixed. THe staff were friendly
but not much English.

#62 of 92 in Phuket Town
Hotel Ramaz
Hotel Ramaz
#179 of 338 in Patong

Been to Sinthavee Hotel? Share your experiences!