Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Outstanding Lux Liveaboard

My 4-day liveaboard trip with MV Giamani was absolutely extraordinary and the entire crew were... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
787Nicola
New York City, New York
Best diving experience ever

Best diving experience ever This is not an exaggeration. I’ve been diving since 1988 and the MV... read more

Reviewed December 28, 2018
Annawhartonp
Beals, Maine
via mobile

All reviews richelieu rock similan islands night trip boat crew manta rays dive master small number of guests excellent thai and western food entire crew great diving national park diving experience small group an amazing experience these guys mv ensuite
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The trip was amazing. I didn't want to leave the boat at the end. The crew was helpful, accommodating and friendly. Ricardo, the Tour Director, made everyone, both experienced and novice, feel comfortable and safe. The liveaboard experience is a great way to have a diving vacation. Four dive opportunities a day, friendly conversation and wonderful food.

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank Tami R
Colona_Liveaboards, Manager at Colona Liveaboard - Day Dives, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hi Tami,

always happy to read that our guests on board of MV Giamani had a great time. Hope we can welcome you again soon on board.

Greetings from sunny Phuket, Thailand

Your MV Giamani Team

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

It was unforgettable trip for me!

All of them are perfect!
Staff, boat, dive master, hospitality, room, food.... Of course underwater is fantastic!!!

I went to there by solo in early Feb. I could met nice dive buddy in there! And now they are like a same as my family!

Finally I went back to there a month later, on March. Then got Manta lay every where~, Whale shark is always around me, Thousand jack fish school, barracudas.....every single dive are too much excited!

For Sure, I will be back to MV Giamani on next season!

Many thanks for......
Ingo, Jason, Jeb and Ricardo!!

I love you guys!

Ciao!
Yuki

1  Thank Yukiko K
Colona_Liveaboards, Manager at Colona Liveaboard - Day Dives, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear Yuki,

many thanks for your excellent review.

Was great to have you on board 2 times last season and I hope we can welcome you again soon on board our MV Giamani.

Hope we will have again as many manta rays and whale sharks.

Greetings from Phuket, Thailand

Your MV Giamani Team'
Colona Liveaboards

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was my first time on board a dive boat as part of a live-a-board and I was as nervous as could be possibly be.
The first night I had a tough time, suffered from a bad case of sea sickness, but the entire crew did above and beyond to help in any way possible and provided very good care.
Ricardo is an amazing tour leader, he will ensure that everything runs like clockwork and you will never notice all the hard work that it takes.
The dives themselves were astonishing, beautiful dive sites, every type of fish possible, dozens of Manta Rays, a glorious visit by a whale shark and so much more.
The cabins are sufficient, given that most of the day we spend in either the common area or diving.
The food is great, there is something for everybody.
In short it is a highly recommended dive vecation

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank Daniella A

Hi Daniella,

many thanks for your great review about our MV Giamani.

It was a pleasure to have you on board and hope that we can welcome you again soon.

Greetings from Phuket, Thailand

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was my first experience with a diving liveaboard, and like the title of my review says - I could not have asked for anything better. I did the 4 night trip to the Similans as a single traveler. The boat is well appointed and well staffed. It's a no-frills trip that is all about the diving. The room is very basic, the bunk beds aren't the most comfortable in the world, but what this boat is lacking in bed comfort, it FAR makes up for in staff and DIVING! Everything is extremely organized on this boat - a schedule is posted each morning, and the crew and dive masters stick to it! 4 dives a day is really fantastic, especially for a beginning diver like me. The absolute highlight of this boat is the dive leader, Ricardo. Being the beginning diver on the boat, Ricardo always made sure I was close to him. He wears BRIGHT orange flippers that are very easy to follow. I go through air very quickly, and Ricardo always was close by to offer his octopus to me, and allow me to breathe on his tank! I learned so much on this trip, and would definitely definitely definitely recommend it!

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank jbsf79
Colona_Liveaboards, Manager at Colona Liveaboard - Day Dives, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hi

many thanks for your great review.

Happy to hear that you had a great time on board our MV Giamani, and that our dive staff especially Ricardo did a good job.

The standard cabins will be replaced next season with a Master suite cabin. So we will have only 10 guests on board and have even more space.

Hope we can welcome you again on board

Greetings from Phuket Island

Reviewed February 11, 2014

5 of us did a 2-day, 2-night liveaboard on the Giamani this February 2014 and I have to say they exceeded all expectations. We had a wide range of experience and confidence with our divers and all were catered for. The boat was clean, food good, an overall lovely and enjoyable experience. The first night's trip was quite rough and one of our party wasn't feeling too good and the level of care was excellent. Thank You Ricardo and Jay, who managed to cater for all our needs. All the boat staff were excellent.
If you're looking for a liveaboard out of Phuket, I would recommend you contact this boat.
Thank You again - you were brilliant:-)

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank DarrenPemble

Hi Darren & Steph,

many thanks for your great review. We always happy to hear that our guests have a great time on board our MV Giamani.

Hope we can welcome you and your friends again on board.

Greetings from Phuket Island