“Delicious Thai seafood”

Charoen Seafood (Bung Mud)
Ranked #173 of 805 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious Thai seafood”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

This is one of a few floating restaurants off Laem Hin pier. I particularly chose this one as it is halal and I read many great reviews of it. We drove through a small road signed Private Property and paid 20 Baht for 4 hrs of parking. Then, we took a longtail boat at the pier for free to the restaurant. We just had to inform the person which restaurant we are heading to. At first, I was a bit worried about taking a longtail boat with my 2 small kids but it was just a short 5 min ride and the kids loved the adventure. The food was exceptionally tasty and very fresh. From the water, straight to the frying pan! My favourite was the garlic fried soft shelled crab. The kids also had a great time exploring the restaurant and looking at the lobsters, fish etc in the enclosures. It was such a unique experience. I spent about THB1600 for our family of 4. Totally worth it! I am already planning to go again before I return home.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank narissa07

• Thai first
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Eat your dinner on a floating island”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

You pay 20 baht for parking and then you get in a long boat and they ferry you across the inlet to the restaurant. Very Casual place but the scenery is beautiful. Wooden tables and chairs some with over head shade some not, your choice. Full great menu and while they cook it you can walk around and see fish of all kinds and lobsters that I think are for you to choose and they will cook for you. We didn't know that so we ordered off the menu. We ate a lot and for 4 of us it was 1100 Baht. They have bottled water and a place to wash your hands before eating. We took a City Tour and at the end of the day asked our guide Nickey to recommend a place for us. This was what he suggested if you like seafood. We were all very pleased.

• Visited June 2013
Shanghai, China
“Great, local experience!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

When I was eating all the food at Bang Mud, I said to myself, "future me will be mad at current me for not being able to finish all this delicious food" and now I AM mad at me of the past. But anyways, this place is great! Casual, but very romantic because it is literally on the water - lots of Thai families. I think it might be Muslim-owned, since they do not serve alcohol (not sure of this fact though). The way it works is that in the back, there are a bunch of holes in the dock, filled with water and with a net at the bottom. The fish swim around, and you tell them what kind of fish you want and what size- the menu has a list of preparations. We ordered a delicious red snapper (700g at 50baht/gram) steamed in soy sauce. It was delicious! It came in a fish-shaped dish with hot red coals underneath to keep warm. It was topped with mushrooms, garlic, and scallion -fragrant and light, and the fish was sweet, soft, and fatty. My friend who had said beforehand that she "doesn't like fish" became a total convert after tasting this. We also ordered a 1-kg lobster which was expensive (3000 baht) and came steamed with some fried garlic stuffed in it - it was also very good, but paled in comparison with the fish. Other highlights were crab fried rice and shrimp on rice noodles - all very fragrant and my mouth is watering as I recall this! Definitely a don't miss, especially if you're staying at the Village at Coconut Island. Even though it's pretty local, the menu has English and pictures, and some of the waitstaff speak English as well.

• Visited January 2013