All reviews fantastic gym huge gym top floor comfortable hotel old town sunday night market rooms are large short walk buffet breakfast patong beach short stay thai food thailand budding musty robinsons
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Royal Phuket is located in downtown Phuket. Despite, one side of the hotel is sea view. The room rate is considered relatively cheap compare to other hotels in downtown Phuket.

The hotel provides all standard services that mostly needed by guests. Albeit, the hotel is required big refinements for overall since it is quite dated.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
royalphuket c, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายประชาสัมพันธ์ at Royal Phuket City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear K.Mink N
Thanks for your commend our Hotel. The Royal Phuket City Hotel our concept style is Phuket Classic We're located near by old town and walking street you can walk to there just 10 mins. and about view in the room you can request in available when you reservation with us.
thanks to you again that you chooses our serviced. please return here again n the next time.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Some of the best cakes and pastries in town. Excellent coffees at reasonable prices. Most locals say this is the place for birthay cakes. They made one for our 6 year old to his Star Wars theme; awsome. Level of English of staff is highly variable but all are very polite.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Having seen on the board outside that they did a British Sunday Roast dinner, and going by the lovely photograph of the dinner on the menu card on the table, we were really looking forward to our meal. However, we were sorely disappointed by it.

The pork that I had was overcooked and dry. There was even a bit of string on my plate.

My husband had beef but I don't believe it was roasted at all. It was a cheap cut that had been slow braised although it was tasty.

The 'roast' potatoes were par-boiled and then fried and definitely not roasted. I may have forgiven that had the potatoes been cooked all the way through, which they weren't.  Two out of then 4 potatoes on the plate were so uncooked and hard we couldn't eat them.

Vegetables were cauliflower, peas and carrots. They were very al dente but ok.

The gravy was nice.

The Yorkshire puddings were quite flat and heavy and only edible around the edges.

Our search for a good Sunday roast in Phuket Town continues.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicksibubs
royalphuket c, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายประชาสัมพันธ์ at Royal Phuket City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear nicksibubs
As you commend us. we would like to inform to you that. we were already report to Hotel management to modify this happen.
we must apologized to you. Now we deceleration and develop the menu and taste of food. please be assured and believe in our words.
The Royal Phuket City Hotel we served International food, Chinese food, Thai food and fusion food, before you take the order can you tell to out staff what you wants of food. we can cook to make you satisfied.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

waited 20 minutes for a coffee, a water and a so called healthy sandwich. the sandwich was made with old hard tasteless bread, salmon, tomatoes and salad - far too expensive. staff was annoyed that I wanted to sit outside - there are better coffeeshops at Phuket town !

Trip type: Traveled solo
royalphuket c, General Manager at Royal Phuket City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Dear Coroline Boysen,

Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of our Royal Phuket City Hotel. I am very sorry to learn that your experience with our 154 Cafe which should have handled the situation differently and transferred your case to someone with more authority.

We let you down, which is the lasting we would ever want to do. We can appreciate how disappointing this matter has been for you and whatever that you are now dealing with the repercussion for that, i am so sorry. I understand your frustration at having order to with our staff at 154 Cafe. As a result of this issue, and in order to prevent this from happening in the future, now procedures are being put in place.

I can promise that i have taken serious care measure to ensure that this won't happen again. it's important to me that I can regain your trust and that you are able to rely on us as you might have. In the meantime, if you come to Phuket next time, please contact me direct which I will personally greet you by myself.

We thank you for bringing this to our attention. it will help us to improve our operations and services. We very much appreciate your business and hope that you will remain a valued customer.

With best regards
Rome Panitkuljukkrawal

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

The general manager Rome is very informative about the places to go nearby. He helps with patience and manner which is satisfactory. The hotel room is clean and comfortable despite the shower is quite hot to bear.

Dear wing Tung,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with Royal Phuket City Hotel. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns.

Our goal is to provide a consistently reliable service and an extremely level of guest service. Based on the events you describe, we did not meet this goal. Your comment is regarding hot water will be used for coaching and training our employees.

To courage you to stay with us again and as a tangible means of acknowledging your disappointment. Ms. Wing Tung, I ask that you allow us another opportunity serve you, as we consider it our privilege to have you stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back home very soon
Regards