Lowest prices for your stay
$58
Free cancellation until 10/03/21
Hotels.com$58
Priceline$35
Travelocity$58
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights as a solo traveller. On the + side, bed was comfortable, quiet for sleeping, centrally located in Phuket Town (about 15 min. walk to Robinson's Dept. Store) and food (incl. dinner) in the main floor restaurant was good and fairly priced.
Service at reception and in dining room was friendly. Building is a multi-floored, concrete structure with approximately 200 rooms. It is old and tired. The fact they charge for WIFI was an irritant to me as I felt the room rate should have included this. I think it worked out to about US$3.00 for 2 hours. That is a total RIPOFF!!. Necessary to buy Internet card at front desk and enter card # on one's laptop to get connection.

Wtih planning ahead for my next trip to Phuket Town I checked out a couple of other places in the vicinity and came up with what I feel is a better alternative, Phuket Crystal Inn. I didn't stay there but I checked it out quite carefully, including going into a room. It is situated about 1 block from Robinson's Dept. Store, public areas and room I checked out were clean, nicel appointed room had a good bed and separate shower and breakfast is included in the 950 THB (about US$28.) double per night vs. US$36. I paid at the Pearl Hotel. WIFI is US$3.00 PER DAY, rather than the same amount for only 2 hours. I can understand charging for WIFI in a budget hotel but the rate charged at the Pearl was usurious. The only downside I could find at the Crystal Inn was that the level of English spoken was considerably lower than at the Pearl.

My memory is like that of an elephant when I sense I'm being ripped off and that's the impression the WIFI charge at the Pearl left me with.....'once bitten....twice shy'. I won't return.

Room tip: - Front, lower-floor rooms may be somewhat noisy from street sounds. I was on the 8th on back side of hotel and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank belkinhouse
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Best location in Phuket ,5 minutes walking to the old town.Big market just around the corner,a lot of good street restaurants,,one better and fresher than the former one ,.Avoid to eat in restaurants they are much more expansive and less good from far!
The hotel itself is a 3 stars hotel with very kind staff.Wifi is expansive.Room are clean,value for money, average.Book on internet for good rates.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I was stayed in hotel pearl on 31 aug and 1 seo 2011 during transit from singapore.
Hotel was very old ,average rooms but best part was food.food during dinner and lunch was quite good.hotel is very far from bangala road and patong beach.

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Good place to stay one night before/after leaving to/from Phi Phi Island. If you are planning to stay in Phuket, better to look for something else.
Tips: don't pay the 200 bahts for 1hour internet service!! There is an internet cafe 10m walking from the hotel for 20 bahts/1h

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank IamfromBarcelona
Reviewed January 10, 2010

This hotel is very large. We were shown a basic room which had two twin beds. The bathroom looked a bit rough too. We asked for a room with a double bed and were told its a deluxe room at B1340 - we said yes please! This room was nice - near the top floor so great views, very clean, decor outdated but we could live with this for one night. The service was exceptional - very friendly staff! We were also very near the shopping area which was great for our last minute shopping. For a stop over this place is fine. Also has a large restaurant, pool, discoteque and massage parlour - none that we used though...
Breakfast was basic but included everything - would rather recommend eating nearby somewhere.

Date of stay: January 2010