“Its alright...”

The Cook
Ranked #129 of 791 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Por favor, ver en esta pagina web:http://www.travelfish.org/eatandmeet_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/phuket/phuket_town/1150
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Its alright...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

So we went into Phuket town one day, and we specifically wanted to check this place out as it had great reviews on our Lonely Planet guide. Well for starters we standing right outside the restaurant and couldnt seem to locate it. So google maps is telling me its right there and I still cant see it from the opposite side of the road. Anyway, we finally locate the restaurant and it is deserted at lunchtime. The staff is a little disinterested, and speak no English whatsoever. Dont order your regular pizzas and stuff because that will leave you very disappointed.

We ordered the Tom Yum Pizza which was great, but the Margarita pizza was probably the worst I have ever tasted. So basically stick to the fusion food and you'll be happy. Prices are reasonable, they provide you with complimentary fruits at the end of the meal. And thats about it.

Even though a couple of dishes are great its probably not worth taking a trip to town.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Same same ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I went here for dinner last night after seeing this as a 'top choice' in the Lonely Planet guide and I wasn't disappointed, nor blown away. I had the Thai green curry pizza which tasted nice enough, was nothing special. My girlfriend had a ham and mushroom pizza which tasted alright too.

Complementary watermelon and small bananas on a plate were put on our table after we finished our pizzas and these had a few ants crawling over it... Didn't stop me eating the watermelon though. Meh.

The prices were alright, pizzas were 180B each. Would I eat here again? Maybe, but after I'd checked out every where else first...

“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading previous reviews we were intrigued by the cook so decided to give it a try. My partner had the Thai green curry pizza which we suspect was on a ready made base,although it wasn't too bad it was not freshly prepared. I opted for a noodle dish which was poorly presented and I suspect it was re heated and had a rubbery texture. It was one of the dearest meals and the poorest. Very disappointing for the expectations.

Kathu, Thailand
“Frozen Pizza in a restaurant???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were at "The Cook" for dinner with 3 people. The IceTea (soda can) was dirty! The food portions were incredibly small and tasted not that good, as recommended here before. The Salame Pizza was a frozen one??? How can this be in a restaurant? Regarding the prices this is absurd. The staff was unfriendly and instructive to us! The best thing, while we entered the restaurant, one of the staff members looked at us and spit on the ground, what a warm welcome!!

Phuket, Thailand
“A well deserved reputation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've eaten here 5 or 6 times now and it's one of my favourite options in Phuket town. They offer a great range of meals, including some great Italian/Thai fusion dishes. The pizza's are great although they don't offer vegetarian options for the Thai style ones (at least not the green curry one). Instead I go for spaghetti with spicy Thai herbs and veg, it never disappoints. The Cook isn't the most stylish or romantic restaurant around but if you're looking for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to enjoy some great food then this is the place to go.

Visited November 2013