We did 2 tours (Phi-Phi & Phang Nga) and here are some tips to all you seasoned travelers out there :D
What to expect:
- Expect to wake up early but it's all so worth it! You'll get to the destinations before everyone else does and will have the most excellent shots for it!
- Expect to pay a wee bit more. Coz if you don't, you'll get an old single-engine longboat crowded with dozens of other tourists, traveling at a turtle-paced speed and seeing a lot less. Your choice. ;)
- Sean is an honest man. He constantly instructs his crew to be careful not to anchor on a coral, and to quote my friend, "That's just so sexy!"
- Sexy, ahh I mean safety comes first. We had to switch locations a few times to adjust to strong currents, low tides, high tide, haze, etc. Mother Nature does not always oblige to our need of clear blue skies and calm seas when on vacation.
- If you need more food at lunch, just ask! We had a second round of curry, rice and mango just coz it's so good!
- If you have Sompong as your guide, consider it your lucky, lucky day! He is very knowledgeable of the area. He can read Mother Nature like it's nobody's business and very passionate about what he does. He will go out of his way to make sure that everybody is having a great time. Not only is he an awesome guide but also a great photographer with a great sense of humor. Prepare to laugh throughout the day and take home great photos to prove it!
- Prepare to be pampered. It was uncomfortable at first to be treated like a celebrity with someone carrying my bag, my mat, handing me food, taking my trash. But in Thailand, I guess it's all a part of their longstanding tradition of great service. So prepare to be treated like a royalty for a day. ;)
- Do tip the crew well. They are great ambassadors of Thailand and show deep respect to all of them for that!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.