“Somphong is the man!”
Review of Nuditours

Nuditours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nuditours is a small boutique tour company owned and operated by myself, Sean Niemeyer, an Australian, university qualified Marine Biologist, and an experienced PADI dive instructor. My team and I at Nuditours will provide you with a safe, un-crowded, personalized, guided island tour, to the beautiful must-see island destinations Phuket has to offer. We specialize in tours with small groups of like-minded travelers. I've been running island tours in Phuket, Thailand, since Dec 2009 when I bought a sailboat and become a business partner with Phuket Sail Tours (PST). Soon after joining PST, Elise & I, designed and developed PST’s speed boat tours, to Phi Phi Island and Phang Nga Bay. I personally ran the tours phi phi island tours between 2010 and mid 2013, and Phang Nga Bay tours from 2011 to mid 2013, during which time I met some amazing guests (you all know who you are :) CURIOUS ABOUT OUR NAME Nuditours is named after the breathtakingly beautiful NUDIBRANCH (Naked Lung – in Latin) tropical sea slug which I first came across diving in these waters when trying to decided on a name for my new company. It's a catchy name but to avoid confusion, there is no nudity on Nuditours :) OUR TOURS Nuditours most popular tours are our NUDI's LOVE PHI PHI ISLAND and NUDI's IN PHANG NGA BAY & HONG ISLAND, KRABI (we are the only tour company to take our guests to the spectacularly beautiful Hong Island beaches!!). We also operate PRIVATE CHARTERS to Phi Phi Islands, Phang NGA Bay, Racha Island, and the deserted islands of Northern Krabi. THE Nuditours EXPERIENCE Our top priority is that you have a fantastic day!!! For this to happen your SAFETY will come first at all costs - literally. I will cancel a tour if I feel that our guests safety will be compromised due to rough weather (warning: not all companies will do this!). I take safety very seriously at Nuditours: we never overcrowd our boats and we always plan your tour so you will see our best landmarks at the best time of the day (based on the impact of various weather conditions including tide, wind and waves). We are proud to let you know that our life jackets and snorkeling equipment are of a high quality and children's sizes are catered for. As part of your tour you will also be able to enjoy authentic, good quality, Thai food at Phi Phi Island relax beach resort. (we do cater for special diets – allergies, vegetarian, vegan). To further ensure your experience is a great one we offer English and Spanish speaking local Thai guides with years of experience and can also provide Mandarin, Japanese, German, and Russian speaking guides upon request. THE FINAL WORD Relax in the knowledge that you have booked a tour with the safest boats, the best itinerary, the most experienced and most friendly crew in Phuket :) CONTACT US You can call me (Sean) directly on via the Phone numbers, line, whats app and email address on our web site (no middleman or agent) and I will be happy to help you with all your inquiries.
Los Angeles, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Somphong is the man!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We did three boat tours from Phuket and loved them all. We were fortunate to have Somphong as our guide on both Phuket Sail Tours and Nudi Tours. He is a very caring and knowledgable man. He does all he can to ensure every passenger has fun and is safe. I don't know why Phuket Sail Tour has Nudi as a sister company, but if it is a leasing agreement with Somphong, then I think it is good to support him in his business endeavor. We did the Phi Phi island tour with Nudi, and as noted, they keep the group small, the food is delicious and plentiful, and they specifically go to the sights when the least amount of tour groups will be there. I even fed a monkey, despite my crippling fear of them! Everything was designed to make the most stellar experience!

Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Karratha, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great tour and worth the extra money”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked the phi phi island tour before we left for Phuket and Sean was very prompt with replying and confirming our booking. Our tour was on the 2nd march, we left later than normal due to the tides at the marina which is no fault of nudi tours. Our guide sompong was very informative and always happy to answer any questions. Along the way he also offered to take pictures for everyone. We really enjoyed every stop, and the scenery was amazing. Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed! Worth paying the money to not be crammed into the boat like other boats we saw out there.

Visited March 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Phi Phi Island tour”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

After reading some negative reviews of other "tour operators" about crowded boats, poor food and service we decided to pay the extra money for a tour group that doesn't skimp.

We had to leave a bit later than normal due to the low tide but ended up coming back later in the evening. The boat was not crowded and I think there were 12 adults and 3 kids.

They mentioned several times about going to the different islands and different parts of the day to avoid the crowds and not knowing how it might have been if we went at different times the beaches did not seem overly crowded except for Maya beach (the most famous one) however you could still swim and walk around comfortably.

The guide was very attentive and focused on safety with the boat and what to expect when you get off the boat. There was not much about the history or cultural aspects, but I was not expecting that. The guide did take some nice photos for us both on the beach, the boat and also a spot where you can jump off the boat : )

The food in the morning was simple-- chicken and donuts. Lots of different drinks. Lunch was very good made of Thai dishes. Snacks later included fruit and ice cream bars.

Overall a very good trip and for me it was worth the price.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jeff L
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Amazing Phang Nga accompanied by fantastic local knowledge”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We had done a fair bit of research into Phuket day trips to the various islands for our holiday and had shortlisted Simba, Phuket Sail Tours (PST) and Offspray as the preferred companies to go with. We were prepared to pay a bit more for a higher quality day - a better standard of boat, food and fewer passengers - 20 maximum.

In the end, we booked Offspray for Phi Phi Islands (you can read my positive comments on them also) and Simba for Phang Nga as their availability worked better with our schedule. However, due to illness during our stay we had to cancel with Simba and look for a new Phang Nga trip.

I had been in contact with Mark at Phuket Sail Tours a few weeks before our holiday but unfortunately they did not have availability on our preferred dates. I recontacted Mark again while we were in Thailand hoping he could fit us in last minute. He advised that although PST could not accommodate us, he could fit us in on their partner company Nudi Tours. We were happy with the reviews on Trip Advisor so booked this trip.

The tour was at the higher end of prices for such trips - around £70 each, plus we paid extra for transfers from Surin which is outside their transfer zone - but the extra money makes a huge difference when you compare with the other boats you see along the way.

Our pick up was prompt (albeit very early in the morning 6.50 from Surin) and we were offered cold drinks and access to a toilet once we reached the PST office in Ao Po before our trip. Mark from PST greeted us before we left for the trip and gave us an idea of what we'd be seeing along the way.

We had 18 passengers in total on our trip (which we couldn't complain about as we were obviously the last minute additions!) but the speedboat was really spacious with plenty of room for people to spread out.

We had an all Thai crew, including Sompong our tour guide, who all had great personalities. Sompong was so energetic and passionate, and his local knowledge of the area and the tides made all the difference. He adapted the route to ensure we had access to sites at the best times. He also ensured we were well fed throughout - even giving us an introduction to some unusual fruits which he kindly peeled and fed to each of us!

Sompong was also conscious of ensuring that everyone was included, taking time to take photos at the main attractions and accommodating everyone's different needs and interests.

The driver also gave us a few experiences of some "thrill speedboating" which was great fun, showing off in front of some of the slower, busier tourist boats.

Personal highlights for me on this trip were the short trek into the jungle to see an ancient tree,  lunch on the floating gypsy village, canoing (like bumper cars on water!) cave walking, driving into the lagoons on the speedboat, and the photo opportunities diving off the boat.

All in all, I would highly recommend this trip with Nudi. I have some fantastic photos and memories to take away! But book early (at least a month in advance) to avoid disappointment!

1 Thank xina1981
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Value for money in stunning Thailand”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our day with Nudi was absolutely stunning and definitely worth every dollar.

Pick-up by private minibus was exactly on time at 6:45am. Arrival at the Boat Lagoon was a little bit awkward with no one really explaining where the toilets were, where tea and coffee was, how to choose the right sized fins/flippers. We would have appreciated a proper introduction so we knew what was going on.

However, as soon as we stepped on the boat, our tour guide Sompong gave a great introduction to the rest of the day. He explained exactly where we would be heading based on the tides and avoiding the crowds. We appreciated his use of maps to highlight where things were in relation to each other and where we would be heading. Our group was made up of 19 plus three crew which meant we were all comfortably seated and there was plenty of room.

Maya Beach was gorgeous and although there were people around, this in no way affected our experience there and we were definitely made some headway on other overpacked tour groups. Our first snorkel stop was great and the crew made sure we were safe in the waves made by passing tourist ferries. Pileh Lagoon was perfect for happy snaps and jumping off the boat into the water. Sompong made sure we all had the opportunity to grab some perfectly timed shots.

Lunch at Phi Phi Don was delicious. Yes, there are cats/kittens around, but they don't come near you or bother you while you eat. We had plenty of food and were given more of our favourite dishes.

Our second snorkelling stop was good, although the water wasn't as clear as the first. Sompong encouraged the people who weren't strong swimmers to try snorkelling with plenty of assistance from the rest of the crew and with the aid of life jackets and roped buoys. We always felt like safety and ensuring we were having a great time was front of mind.

Bamboo Island was our last stop and was absolutely stunning. Relaxing on the sand and swimming in the clear water was divine.

The crew really made our tour spectacular. 'Seamless' is a word that comes to mind and it was really their efforts in making sure we were fed, watered and smiling that made the day so great. Thanks to all three for such a great day! We would definitely recommend this tour to anyone that is in Phuket.

Visited February 2013