“There is cockroach while I'm having my food.”
Review of Urban Food

Urban Food
Ranked #253 of 805 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nouveau restaurant,frais, moderne, joliment decore avec un choix varie de cuisine Thai et du monde, a des prix tres tres doux.
Singapore, Singapore
“There is cockroach while I'm having my food.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I ordered a Tom yum soup with rice.. And was eating half way, a cockroach came up to my food. It is really disgusting when u had your food half way and notice that there is uninvited guess sharing ur food isn't it.

I told them that I refuse to pay for all the food except for the drink. Who know that the salad bar do have cockroaches too. However, I am told that since I have taken the from the bar, I have to pay for it. So I did pay for my drink and the salad bar.. But I didn't take any food from there after I met the new friend on my food. I didn't finish my drink too. And jus walk off paying 200baht with my stomach half empty.

I had came to Phuket for the fourth time. And this is the worst experience I ever had. However the other place I went to is almost acceptable except this.

I'll nv go back again. And since I also realise that there is another comment for the same issue too. But yet the management didn't do anything to improve it.

1 Thank Felicia1210

Launceston, Australia
“patong urban food is great”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

my wife and i visited urban food in junceylony in patong twice and we very happy with it. the food was quick,fresh and very nice. the service was always lovely and helpful. the atmosphere was brilliant and the free wifi was great too, so we could catch up on some email etc. very clean and cool inside the restaurant

• Visited May 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Waste of time in Patong”
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

"farmers chicken burger" nothing but heavily processed chicken. Better to go to KFC. Pad Thai noodles were hard, staff just smiled when informed. Salad bar is not fresh.

Drinks guy however was, good.
Pineapple at the salsa bar was actually fresh.

1 Thank meileitravels
london
“COCKROACH everywhere according to Patong branch manager”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We love dining in Urban food CENTRAL.... but would like to warn everyone who want to go to PATONG BRANCH!

We had lunch there at about 2 in the afternoon. We always dine in central branch but tried Patong. When they served the cordon bleu - a small cockroach was climbing off the plate!!!! I managed to grab it with the table napkin and called the manager on duty. 4 times and he never came- told his staff to ask us the problem. He was just sitting outside on his laptop too busy entertaining his friends and playing with his computer than checking on customer issues and checking his salad bar which are empty and COLD!!!! i said to the staff I wanted to speak to him - nicely. When he did approach us- he was not happy. he said "YES?" I was still nice and calm ( I used to be a restaurant chain manager in Middle East) I think you should know the issue- I found this (showed him the roach) climbing from the plate of food" He replied " YES YOU TOLD ME ALREADY, SO?"
I was shock beyond belief. This is the manager you are paying to look after your place, the cleanliness, the issues and the state of your restaurant???
I told him- "I don't think that is very nice of you"
He replied; "Cockroach here everywhere. What to do!

So to anyone considering eating in URBAN FOOD JUNGCEYLON patong... unless you enjoy cockroach flavored food, drinking glasses, spoon fork knives and plates slithered with cockroaches... go ahead..enjoy it and enjoy the friendliness of their very well trained manager Baba!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank greatgypsies
Hong Kong
“good menu”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Friendly staff and a nice design to this restaurant. Ordered a chicken skewer (this dish included unlimited visits to their salad bar and had both hot and cold choices), stir fried spicy beef and vegetables, coconut juice and brownie milkshake on our first visit.

The second visit, a papaya salad (spicy the way it should be), gyoza dumplings and vegetable springs rolls (which were fried just right). Coconut juice (again) and chocolate and brownie milkshakes.

Excellent value and very yummy. We would like to try other dishes next time we visit.

• Visited April 2012