“great day had”

Phuket Fishing Park
Ranked #45 of 107 things to do in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: AC's Phuket Fishing Park is the original and Number 1 place to go Freshwater lake fishing in Phuket, Thailand. We have big fish from Thailand and South America including Aligator Gar, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Asian Redtail Catfish, Giant Mekong Catfish, Giant Piranha Pacu, Striped Catfish, Indian Carp Rohu, Siamese Giant Carp, Spotted Featherback, Walking Catfish. Phuket Fishing Parks is a family friendly place and great for kids. It ultimately a fun day out. We have huts for shade and rest. There are staff to help you with bait and landing fish if you need. We can supply rods and fishing equipment. We can also bring you lunch. Most types of food are available. Phuket Fishing Park has a minivan driver that does a round of the hotels. Its possible to arrange this for a morning pickup. Please contact us for details see the Phuket Fishing Parks website.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“great day had”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Thanks to trip advisor or I wouldn't have found this diamond in the rough. After a couple of emails to the owner Chris all was booked and I waited for my scheduled pick up from my apartment in kamala. the taxi arrived about half 8 and we got to the lake just after 9.

after paying for my package which was a meat rod and bread rod we set off for my swim which was in the typical Thai bamboo cabana style . rods were baited up and casted out and I didn't even have chance to sit down as my rod took off like a rocket. first fish of the day being a decent size pacu.
I must of had over 2 dozen fish over the course of the day including an amazon red tail Indian carp, striped cat fish and two huge Mekong cats smashing my personal best weighing in at around 30 and 50 kgs............
the guides are well knowledge and advised me on where to put my bait.
one tip if you have the day package dinner is served promptly at 12 whether your at your table or not. as I was gas bagging to some other anglers I found mine a bit cold. but delicious
so all in all 50 quid for a days fishing in tranquill tropical surroundings with lunch
and a shed load of fish. this qplace is worth it .

Visited April 2014
1 Thank simmo116

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
london
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fab a must whilst your in phuket.”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Fab experience went fishing for a day great and well experienced fishing guide cant remember the young mans name but had been on the lake most of his life chris the owner a lovely man who made us feel very welcome. The negative would be the Russian's no respect for others or the fish would definitely go again. Thanks guys for the experience karl and kim from London

Visited November 2013
Edmonton, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Too Expensive..try others for a fraction of cost”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Bangla Fishing and Kathu fishing are 2 places that will outfit you and allow you to catch monster fish for WAY less.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Samsquamch
Melbourne, Australia
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 266 helpful votes
“Plenty of Big Fish”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We recently flew over from Australia to Phuket for our annual holiday. My partner was keen to fish at the Phuket Fishing Park and had emailed the operator Chris ahead of time to organise a package for us both. Chris answered all emails promptly and arranged pickup and return for us from our hotel in Rawai. We opted for 2 rods each, 2 bread and 2 meats rods, and fished for a full day.

We are fly fisherman so the opportunity of relaxing by the bank bait fishing was a new experience for us. We caught so many fish and so did the other people who were there. Species of fish we caught included Siamese Carp, Mekong Catfish, Pacu, Redtails, and Indian Carp. Unfortunately we missed out of the elusive Alligator Gar this time. Our guide for the day worked tirelessly, he would constantly bait, cast, and strike the rod when the fish bit before passing the rod over for you to wind in the fish while he net it. We caught so many fish that we even invited our guide to pull one in for himself (see picture provided).

You are provided with a great lunch (in the lakeside restaurant area) around midday which includes rice, curry and soup. You can also buy beers and soft drinks. We brought our guide a couple of beers and gave him a good tip which he really appreciated but fully deserved it as he, along with the other guides, work so hard for you. We strongly encourage all people who are happy with the fishing to buy their guide a beer and give them a decent tip on the conclusion of the day.

The Phuket Fishing Park is a great opportunity to catch some big fish, the type that aren’t available to catch back home in countries like Australia. Check out the Phuket Fishing Park website, send Chris (a top Aussie bloke) an email, and I’m confident that he will arrange your day perfectly for you and make sure your Phuket freshwater fishing experience is a positive one.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank OzzeeTravla
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best lake fishing trip ever!!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Where to start Wooooooooof!! I called Mr.Chris and he sorted everything for us. The pickup was on time at 8:15 am. I took both programs, trust me its worth taking two rods for the bread fish and one rod for meat bait. We got the best spot by luck, the first one when you pass the main sitting area and THE BEST GUIDE EVER, Mr. Thomas. If you plan it as for him he is a young bloke who has been fishing in that lake from age 4 and was fun having him guide us and help us prepare the bait and throw the lines in. So here its is we caught 17 BIG ONES yes 17 (10 Mekong Catfish, 3 Siamese Carp, 3 Red Tail Catfish & 1 Pacu Piranha) + 6 or 7 missing as the hook came off ARGHHH!!!. There were alot of other lads fishing but i think we were running the main show till end. The Mekong catfish were coming on the sinking bait as well as the float bread bait. Pacu and carp also on float. The best experience was Red tail catfish which were on meat bait. The best timing trust me is to stay from start till end and specially the end as 4:00 pm on wards the fish really go crazy as we were catching on every cast. One disappointment was that I wanted to catch Aligator gar but didn't have much time to spare for it as it also comes on meat bait. Overall an excellent trip which I will never forget. Thanks to the hospitality of Mr, Chris & Thomas.

Visited November 2013