“Very Disappointed- over rated”

Phuket Fishing Park
Ranked #43 of 111 things to do in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: AC's Phuket Fishing Park is the original and Number 1 place to go Freshwater lake fishing in Phuket, Thailand. We have big fish from Thailand and South America including Aligator Gar, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Asian Redtail Catfish, Giant Mekong Catfish, Giant Piranha Pacu, Striped Catfish, Indian Carp Rohu, Siamese Giant Carp, Spotted Featherback, Walking Catfish. Phuket Fishing Parks is a family friendly place and great for kids. It ultimately a fun day out. We have huts for shade and rest. There are staff to help you with bait and landing fish if you need. We can supply rods and fishing equipment. We can also bring you lunch. Most types of food are available. Phuket Fishing Park has a minivan driver that does a round of the hotels. Its possible to arrange this for a morning pickup. Please contact us for details see the Phuket Fishing Parks website.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We hired two rods and fished for three hours. We hooked four fishes and landed only one fish
We were on our own most time. Serve was bad. Food was terrible.

For those of you who have been to IT Monster lake or BSR in Bkk, pls lower your expectations.

I don't recommend this place unless you have never tried pond fishing and nothing much to do in Phuket.

2  Thank triwarrior

Reviewed December 16, 2011

went with my husband for him to do a bit of fishing i was just going to sun bath but i got hooked on this caught lots of fish and it was hard work reeling them in but i really enjoyed it every one was very helpfull and suppled us with cold drinks and coffee plus a very nice lunch recommened this as a great day out you will catch fish

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Hi Fishing Fanatics!

I just wanted to tell you about an awesome Fishing experience I had when I was on my holiday in Phuket, Thailand. Run by Andy C is this awesome fishing lake where me and my friends had a great day of sun, fishing, drinking, great food and catching lots of monster fish! I caught an Aligator Gar, Giant Piranha, Catfish and other awesome species. Definitely recommend it and you can check out all the information you need is on the website: http://www.phuketfishingpark.com be sure to check it out for your next Thailand holiday!

Sam

2  Thank SamDeering
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Excellent day of fishing with great hospitality.
We were collected and returned to our Hotel in comfort.
Enjoy a days fishing while relaxing in the comfy shelters on hammocks and cusions.
Great food and drinks at reasonable prices.
We spent a half day fishing. Myself, my wife and our 11 yr old son. We caught some great fish and were well looked after by the team.
Highly recommended day out!

4  Thank Orren K
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I had been looking for freshwater fishing during our month long trip around Thailand and when we saw the offer at Phuket Fishing Park advertised by the agent Phuket Travel Company.com (really helpful too) we went for it.

The owner Andy collected us from our hotel in Patong and took us out to the park. He spoke perfect English and was a brilliant host for the day. He and his assistant organised the bait and rods throughout the day and at one stage we had 3 rods each on the go!

The fish came thick and fast and for me (who had never fished before) it was a great thrill to see the line flick and to real the big boys in! Together my boyfriend and I landed 14 fish including stripped catfish, siamese carp and piraya up to 23lb! Bit better than in ireland eh!

I can't speak highly enough about Andy and his team including the cooks who catered beautifully for our lunch. If you are looking for something to do other than the beach and it doesn't matter if the sun shine or not give Phuket Fish Park a go. You wont regret it!

5  Thank cmoore1307