“good spicy and sour soup”
Review of Rider Cafe

Rider Cafe
Ranked #29 of 905 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: RIder Cafe offers a mix of genuine Thai food, Burgers and Sandwiches. Our burger was voted the best burger in Phuket by a poll in the biggest english speaking newspaper on the island. We are located in the heart of old Phuket Town surrounded by galleries traditional Phuket architecture, museums and classic Mom&Pop shops. Enjoy the non hectic side of Phuket!
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My spicy and sour chicken soup was very good but the service was slow. Very similiar to any other tourist type restaurant/bar. Staff was friendly enough.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I am an American living in Thailand for quite a while and sometimes, I just want a burger (I have burrito cravings too).

I found this place highly rated on TA and lots of people were talking about the burgers. We decided to drive up from Chalong to give it a shot. Atmosphere is alright, people are kind and friendly, my girl got a salad and it was good, so the only problem was my burger.

I ordered the bacon burger and fries. This burger would not pass anywhere in the states. I don't really understand. The bun was toasted and quality, cheese and bacon were legit, veggies were ok, but I have no idea what was up with this beef. It was one small patty. It was super thin, like as thin as the bacon. It was over cooked, and crispy. All of the components were here for a good burger but the actual beef part of the burger got lost in the kitchen on the way to my table.

The other food looked pretty good, but I wouldn't recommend driving over here just to get a burger.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

That's what you come here for.

Friendly place and very convenient if you are in Phuket Town.

The coffee was also good and it was not as expensive as I thought that it would be - if I need a burger again we will go back.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had snacks from here last night, then came back for burgers today. Both experiences were top notch. The staff were happy and friendly last night when we were just having snacks as if we were ordering full expensive dinners. The same friendly service today with different servers. Clearly it is how the place is run. Everything is very clean which is important to me. Great yummy burgers at a reasonable price. Overall a good find for a good overall experience with casual dining in a modest street side cafe in old town Phuket.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I can only rate this small cafe a four because we only had snacks and not a full meal. The cafe is an open air affair with out airconditioning. The lack of AC was not a problem when we were there but might be if it was a hot day. The service was very good, the food very good and everyone in the cafe very friendly. I can recommend it for an easy lunch or evening snack like we had.