“Great Seafood- Crazy Prices!”

Phong Phang Restaurant
Ranked #662 of 853 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Fresh catches, well cooked- what more can one ask for.. The location is a bit hidden but it's worth seeking out..

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Was planing to have dinner at Leam Hin Seafood, my friends went there a day before my trip and they strongly recommend me. The local tour guide at Patong also recommend that and given me the address written in both English and Thai language.

When I told the driver I want to go Leam Hin he said he din't know this place. Then I show him the address and he told me this restaurant is not available..... So he recommend me Phong Phang and told me it's same like Leam Hin.

So I agreed and we head to Phong Phang. Upon arrival, I see that it's very quiet and only tourist van parking here (no local people = a sign that food not nice and expensive). When my van stopped, the waitress came and open the door, accepting me like a VIP and hell I know this dinner gonna cost me a lot.

I was thinking to give them a chance and try the food there. At the end, the food are not nice, some are terrible but the price is so expensive. I spent a few hundreds Bath more than my friend who went Leam Hin. I had 6 dishes but they had 9 dishes. 4 out of 6 dishes not tasting good but my firends all 9 dishes at Leam Hin was awesome (as per what they told me).

The view here is just a normal fishing village view. Not beach, but more to mangrove.

I felt very disappointed, felt being cheated and I swear I won't return again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I used to try phong pang whenever I'm in Phuket. Not any more, become more pricy n intolerable service standard. I remember not wanting to order a grilled lobster when my group was there in January this year, we have the menu snatched from my friend. In April 2013 two of my regular cruise foodie billed 5000 bahts for lunch for 2. It used to be good and with reasonable price. Not anymore when they built a function hall. The rustic ambience gone. The kitchen crew changed. Be careful check the price before placing order.

1  Thank L T C
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Actually the best things there were salads. The price for fish was said before cooking so plus to that waitress. I didn't understand half what she said but outcome was acceptable, price for food is very similar to much nicer places in Karon or Kata. Yes it looks like abandoned post-nuclear war site, but today was quite ok:)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

when we asked our taxi driver seafood restaurant he took us to this place....the food is ok...but the service is terrible....hardly 1-2 staff speak english...so we had to wait for around 1/2hr to place our order...we asked evrtything together but when the food arrived there was a big gap between one main course n the another......n the way staff were carrying the plates n other things was not at a hygienic....
the olny thing which i like here was the view....from the restaurant.

1  Thank AshokChhetri