“Pleasant retreat with exciting food variety”
Review of Suay Restaurant

Suay Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 855 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our goal is to provide the extra ordinary dinning experiences to our customers we are serving contemporary Thai cuisine, dishes are created uniquely and elegant way by Chef Noi who is a celebrity chef very well known on Phuket island who was featuring on a Thailand Iron chef show as a resident chef, using his back ground of European cooking technique and skills to create wonderful balancing flavor while keeping authentic Thai taste and flavor of fresh Thai herbs and quality main ingredients!
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited Suay with another couple on a quiet Monday night we were one of four occupied tables and were very happy to arrive and find the presentation of this sweet little cottage a refreshing change from the dirty streets we had just walked. We ordered starters and mains but as is the Thai way everything came pretty much together. For starters we had amazing fresh prawn spring rolls and a glass noodle salad (which was far to fishy for my liking. Mains included their signature duck red curry with lychee (worth a try), soft shell card pad Thai (excellent choice) Thai beef sirloin salad (way way too spicy) and the Roti with chicken curry (absolutely and surprisingly delicious!). The dishes are quite small so be sure to order a bunch of different bits and pieces to fill you up. The dessert was my favorite, mango sticky rice is an absolute MUST try!! Overall we had a very nice experience and would recommend this to anyone looking of a nice restaurant for a special night out but please note it is quite expensive in comparison to other good restaurants in the area so if local prices are what you are looking for this is not the place. Cheers!

1  Thank Georgia W

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Red curry duck, tom yam, thai mushroom soup, fried chicken wings, salad and dessert - very very tasty!

Chef was trained in Germany and was the ex-chef of Banyan Tree. Please do go.

Pretty little restaurant with nice garden and al-fresco.

Bring mosquito repellent especially for dinner as there are a lot of mosquitoes.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Clean, fresh and local thai food with a modern twist in a beautiful little restaurant. Our guide Jo took us there and we all shared the meals and was probably our best meal in Phuket. The mixed dessert was to die for.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was with my family for a short holiday and wanted to bring them for a nice meal with excellent reviews. So following the mostly positive reviews here, this was a much anticipated dinner. Verdict: food and ambience did not disappoint! We went along with the recommendations by the lady boss Pix, and we were glad we did. Lamb chop was one of the best I've had so far. Even the dessert, what I had thought was the usual local glutinious rice with mango came with a twist. What a delight. Please keep up the good work, I'll surely be back the next time I visit Phuket!

1  Thank esthersq
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've been here for 5 months. It is said that this is top 10 restaurants in phuket town. esp. this is open by a chef from Banyantree. We drove there in the evening according to Google Map but it took us a while to find it because the name and the door is so unobvious at night. But when we went inside and tasted the food, everything is deserved. Well, the menu is a bit complicated that we had no idea which is main course. Everything is fine, including the food, the decor, the staff etc, except that Ceasar salad tastes salty at the bottom of bowl.