“Bad value for money - second rate”

AT Hill Adventure Tours
Ranked #171 of 213 Tours in Phuket Town
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were picked up at our hotel at 8am and had a total of 1.45 hrs of activities, although we were gone for close to 4.5 hrs. This tour promised an adventure to big budda, an elephant ride to remember and a visit to the cashew nut farm. We chose not to visit the cashew but farm so that reduced our activities by one hour. The elephant ride was somewhat memorable as we did see some nice views and it was a family activity but it was actually not through the jungle rather up a road. Once we had our elephant ride, we waited for one hour at the end before changing cars. To keep two kids amused for one hour was somewhat challenging. The visit to big Buddha was interesting although as the attraction is being built there is rubble everywhere, and we had only one hour. Very dissapointing day away from the 4 pools at the resort.

1  Thank Fiona1325

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We did an elephant ride and big buddha tour with at hill, believe it was a P1 tour. The elephant ride was fifteen min down a concrete rd a few pics then fifteen back past rubbish new development and scrap metal. On the way back guide stopped elephant and blabbed about being a good guide taking pics for us and looking after elephants. He then proceeded to push junk necklaces on us for 500 baht each and say it was for elephants. We declined usa tourists succomed to pressure then just before drop off more pressure to tip him because he was so great once again we didnt as his aussie jokes and sledging had put us off. We then paid for a pic which app helps elephant so ok then best bit was paying 100 baht to feed baby elephants. My suggestion is to do this else where were elephants are better cared for and u actually do a trek not a concrete rd however i do worry what would happen to animals with no tourists. End summary research the rides who u are going with and where we did none of this. As for big buddah great for look but rent a scooter or taxi all done in ten fifteen no point being part of a tour.

2  Thank Buisnessclass
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Do NOT go to "At Hill" adventures beside the big buddah. It's a total rip off.

Really expensive for 30mins on an elephant along a filthy littered concrete paved side road. Then the Mahout offers to take your picture with your camera and demands 200bt......then tries to sell trinkets to you while stopped on the elephant, very pushy and agressive...couldn't wait to get off.
Then at the end you are harranged by other staff to buy other official pictures....presurre pressure...."To by medicine for elephant". Ruined my day. Horible pushy rude people ripping you off at every turn. You have been warned.

1  Thank FeelinIrieAkl
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We came to At Hill Adventure Tours for the elephant trekking. We took the 45 minute trek down into the jungle, which was quite fun. The view was pretty spectacular too. My guide even jumped off the elephant and let me ride solo for a part of the trek, and also offered to take photos of my husband and I while we were on the elephant.

The highlight of this tour, however, wasn't the trek itself. When we were about to leave, one of the staff asked me if I would like to feed the baby elephant. All I had to do was give the elephant 100 baht (which he then gave to the guide), and I fed the baby elephant a WHOLE basket of bananas. They were gone so fast I could not believe! The elephant was adorable, and again the staff took a photo of us with my camera.

However, I might feel like the trek was a little on the expensive side for what it was; we paid 1200 baht for an elephant. Also, I felt like the trek was a little under 45 min, but I'm not quite sure of that b/c I didn't check at what time we had started. So make sure you check when you actually start to make sure you're not being ripped off.

1  Thank veryorangette
Reviewed April 6, 2012

At hill adventure tours has no adventure at all it is a rip off. We paid 1900 baht to drive an atv buggy on the bitumen / dirt road at no more than 10 kilometers / hour. Our buggy was continuously stalling. When we did go "off road" it was a dirt road that was drive able by car. They even had the nerve to offer us our photo for only 200 baht more, if I had enjoyed the experience I would have gladly purchased the photo but in this case I would have much prefers half of my payment refunded.

NO ADVENTURE AT ALL, COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO GO TO THIS ATV & BUGGY HIRE.

1  Thank Lisha81