“Romantic and historical building with Fine Thai foods.”

Blue Elephant Phuket
Ranked #16 of 804 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Royal Thai Cuisine now available in Phuket Town in the century old, Sino-Portuguese Governor Mansion. Open daily for lunch & dinner. Function rooms available. Reservations recommended. Cooking classes for individuals and groups.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Romantic and historical building with Fine Thai foods.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm Thai. I know Thai food but Blue elephant is difference. It is real and traditional Thai food. Feel like heaven while eating. Don't miss Coconut flan, I can die for. Service is excellent, 6 star.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Barbiesy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
“Brilliant”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We just chance on this place. We ordered 4 dishes which was quite a lot for the 2 of us.
We had a chef complimentary on our 1st course which included a yam biscuit, a white coconut soup and a ceviche which was rather spicy
The 1st dish was starting platter which also had quite a fair bit of stuff. All tasted good
The 2nd was the black chicken coconut soup which was rich with flavor. It had coconut strips which was very nice on the palette.
The 3rd was the fried seabass with green mango. Massive portion of fish for us.
The last was the duck with tangerine sauce. Yummy

The food was so filling. We couldn't order any desserts. 2500bht was the bill

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Quenman
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My Boyfriend and I went down to Blue Elephant in Phuket after having a really good meal in the same branch in Bangkok and we hoped for the similar experience and taste. As we were not sure about the food, we ordered their tasting menu as part of the dinner.

The service staff were not very attentive despite having only 3 tables to serve. The food was not as palatable as it seems. The purple coloured wrap was not as delicious as it looks. Main course platter was not as tasty either and there were some that we had to skip as the food was not as tasty.

The dessert was quite tasty in comparison.

Overall, relatively not as tasty as the one in Bangkok. Would recommend people to go for the other branches instead as the pricing is rather hefty for a so-so taste.

• Visited June 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Poor service lets down great restaurant”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

After having dined here before a couple of years back & having experienced the Blue Elephant restaurants in London & Dubai, we we really looking forward to our dining experience last night!

Unfortunately it turned out to be a very disappointing experience. With only 2 of us and only 3 other couples, one would expect that that service would be attentive and food arriving within a reasonable time. This was not the case. We decided on the set menu and gave ourselves enough time to enjoy it before we needed to leave for a late night show.

After the starter & soup it took such a long time for the main courses to arrive that we ad to rush it down & had to totally skip desert.

Even though the staff were friendly & the food very tasty, like one would expect from the Blue Elephant, the overall experience was very disappointing.

There are many other great restaurants in Phuket and sadly I will pick one of those next time over the Blue Elephant.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Philip S
Kimstep, General Manager at Blue Elephant Phuket, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Khun Phillip,

I am sorry if you were let down by the evening spent at the Blue Elephant Phuket,
I was informed by our suppervisor that your table took for ever to be served and went to inspect with the Kitchen, what happened?
The previous night, we had a big venue which led to a very exhosted team and were less efficient to what they really are also a mise en place which was not perfectly executed,
My supervisor did tell me that you would return the next evening but there must have been a lost in translation as we never met.
Please let me know if you return to Phuket as I would like to redeem your trust in what the Blue Elephant Phuket has to offer.
I hope you can accept our appologies for the team not being 100% and that if you return to Phuket you will contact me personally as we are working on the new menu with the ingredients grown in our own garden with no pestiside nor fertilizer. 100% organic.
If you return to Dubai, we are currently doing a food festival for 1 week where our master chef will personally look after the event.
Feel free to contact me anytime.
with kind regards,

Kim S.
New York City, New York
“Great cooking classes”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

At $100 these classes aren't cheap, but if you can make green curry or pad thai half as well as chef Charles afterward then they're worth more than gold.

• Visited April 2013