“High Quality of Hotel Service”

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Phuket Town
Hong Kong, China
“High Quality of Hotel Service”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I booked Usunsuri hotel Phuket from 22 to 26 June via Expedia.com. I and roommate felt very uncomfortable after entering to the room. I don't know why. May be the room design. Anyway, we requested for room change but the situation was same. In fact, we have no choice due to midnight, we should stay for one night at Usunsuri.

After discussing with roommate, we prefer to pay extra cost for the rest of accommodation. We picked Westin Siray Bay Resort. Upon checking-in at lobby. A lady / Receptionist welcome us with very nice smile (I forgot her name). And then a male staff was chatting with us actively ( Afterward, I knew his name Alexander / Manager, we called him Alex). Alex was a nice manager and helpful such as we planned returning from (Robinson) Phuket Town by taxi. He was willing share his taxi experience and told us the taxi cost accurately. It make me not be cheated. It showed that he served the guest from the heart.

Most of staff were very nice and attentive. They always smile on the face and willing spent a bit of time chatting with you They will ask you how are you today? Where are you come from? What is you plan today? I deeply felt, they always give you warm feeling everyday.

I stayed at Deluxe sea view room. Amazing sea view! Living room and bathroom were spacious and decent. Full set of amenities. good air conditioning, good water pressure. And most important thing, I have a good sleeping every night.

The drawback, all pools were not a deep swimming pool. Difficult to have full swimming. Room internet was chargeable service. I think, hotel should consider providing free internet inside all hotel area. Internet was necessary for most of travelers. If they need to pay the internet cost, They will select other hotels with same grade or nearby the popular beaches.

Hotel restaurant, they only opened one restaurant for anytime meals daily with 24 hours room service. Food was delicious. I tried both of thai and western styles, all good taste. Breakfast has variety of choice. Many of juice selection, egg station, noodle stall etc... Especially the slice of fruit, it impressed me that they sliced all fruit per guest order rather than prepared in advance. So, all fruit were very fresh. Restaurant staff was also nice and polite.

Overall, as a guest, I am very easy to get a beautiful or decent hotel as I just willing pay. Westin gave me not just beautiful hotel or gorgeous sea view. They also take care of my feeling. I felt warm, I felt respect and I felt be taken care during my stay. Staff like my friend.

I highly recommended Westin Siray Bay Resort to all travelers who prefer to enjoy a touching hotel service.

Thank you so much indeed for all Westin staff for giving me a memorable Phuket vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jy914
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear JY714,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket and sharing your stay experience. It is wonderful to read your reviews and hear the time you enjoyed while staying with us.

I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable and thank you especially for highlighting the services you enjoyed including the rooms, breakfast, and hospitality from our team. I will certainly pass on your comments to Alex and front office team.

Thank you so much for sharing your review. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Janet McNab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Geelong
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We are into our 4th night out of 7 at The Westin and it is beautiful!
The beds are like sleeping on clouds, room is very clean, staff are exceptional and very friendly.
Highly recommend the daily activities as the hotel is around 45 minutes from the centre of Phuket.
So far we have done stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, run westin (guided run) and everything is well planned, staff have good knowledge and are extremely welcoming.

The spa day is to die for! It isn't cheap like you would expect in the streets if Phuket but it is defiantly worth the price!
Spent three luxurious hours in the heavenly day spa. The girls are qualified and are really good at their jobs.
The only thing I could see what would annoy people would be the hills.
But if you're staying here and expect hill side views, using the fit club, and eating the super foods why bother complaining? It's unintentional exercise!

We will defiantly return as this hotel have ticked all the boxes for us and I'm sure it will tick boxes for not only friends traveling, but couples and families.
10/10 !!

• Stayed June 2014
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Dawkell,

I appreciate your kind feedback and am delighted to hear how much you are enjoying your holiday at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket.

Thank you for sharing with other travelers on TripAdvisor of your experience. It is rewarding for our team to read and know that you enjoy our services, facilities and resort activities we provide and even took time to share it while you’re still here. Thank you so much. We truly appreciate it.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay. I look forward to welcoming you again should you plan for a return trip to Phuket in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We came through here on our honeymoon and had just come from an exhausting week in China, so staying at a beautiful resort was just what we needed. Our room was gorgeous, the views were excellent and the food was very good (a bit overpriced, but certainly not as expensive as it could have been). We weren't feeling very adventurous, so we stayed at the hotel the whole time, but we didn't get the impression there was a whole lot worth venturing our for in the immediate vicinity. The beach at the hotel was just ok- not the white sand and clear blue water we expected in Phuket, but that's probably because we were on the bay rather than the sea.

We also had a couples massage that was lovely, but not the best we had while in Asia. All in all, I wouldn't advise against the hotel and it was perfect for what we needed, but there might be better options around.

• Stayed June 2014
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nightmare. Took very long to check in. Room is very dirty. Bathroom/floor/glasses. Called hotel staff and they did not believe us. Manager walked in with room service people and start to vacuum while we are in the room............. Second day, we were at the pool. Ordered a drink and waited 10 minutes for the bartender to make it. I would understand more if this is in a busy club however no one else was at the bar, we were the only order! Shuttle was not convenient check out was slow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shashaarthur,

Thank you for your review. I truly appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to review and improve our services to enhance experience for our future guests.

I am disappointed to hear of your experience. Based on information you have provided, this certainly is not our usual Westin standard. Cleanliness and attention to details are always our top priority when it comes to guestrooms.

Regarding your beverage order, the drinks in particular specialty cocktails and fresh fruit smoothies could take a few more minutes to prepare and serve compared to soft drinks. I am sorry about the waiting time and have discussed with the team to deliver services as quickly as possible.

Shashaarthur, it disappoints me that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to restore your faith in The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Me and my fiancee stayed at Westin for 5 night in pool access room , our check wasn't the best as the access card was not working but it was quickly resolved by hotel staff . Apart of this we had no issues and loved the hotel .

The view of the sunrise every morning was sensational and we never got over that view we saw every morning . The hotel is at a slope however we enjoyed that aspect of this hotel as we would every day walk down to lobby and explore all the little tucked in ponds and amazing views , on the way up we were given lift by Golf cars even though it was late night . Breakfast , lunch and dinner was great at the restaurants and for five star reasonably priced .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear garylamba,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket and taking time to post a review.

I am sorry to hear about the issue with the key card and glad that it was quickly resolved. I am naturally delighted that you enjoyed services and offerings we provide. Thank you for highlighting the areas that you particularly enjoyed including food and beverage.

Thank you for your positive feedback and I certainly look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Had our pleasant and relaxing stay. This is the best and most reasonable priced sea view Room Resort in Phuket. Resort is quite far from city or busy Patong beach though, if you arrange for island hopping tour, you might have to pay for additional pick up charges where pick up is free at Patong area. Shuttle bus to Phuket town and airport pick ups are available with a fee. So it is the best only if you stay-in and relax at Resort. We were being upgraded to Elevation suite, it was spacious, see though bathroom was a surprise for us. Pools are not so big but nice. Our favorite is Horizon pool, don't forget to grab a glass of cocktail and enjoy Sunset there. Wide spread of buffet breakfast available. We had our meals at Seasonal Tastes(reasonable price, friendly stuff and delicious) and in-room dining (great to slag in room and have dinner in your room where you still can have magnificent sea-view),

Room Tip: Every room has a good view, choose what suits your budget and needs