“Best hotel in Phuket in term of location”

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Phuket Town
Netherlands
“Best hotel in Phuket in term of location”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

It was our first time to visit Phuket after always spent weeks in gorgeous Chiang Mai and I must say maybe Westin Shiray Bay is the best tranquil hotel in Phuket and the view from your balcony is just magnificent! Would love to stay here again if I'm in Phuket. I'm not a hectic busy crowd liker so the quieter the better..

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear dancerbali,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with other travellers here. I am delighted to learn that your first visit to Phuket was memorable.

Thank you for your comments on our resort and the beautiful views of Siray Bay. We also look forward to having you here again soon.

Janet McNab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 8, 2014

went for my company offsite meeting. had an amazing experience including water sports, swimming pool, food was okay but service was amazing. very professional in approach. awesome view from gallery. excellent bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank raseshruti
Dear raseshruti,

Thank you for your encouraging comments. I am happy to hear that you had an amazing experience staying with us.

Thank you for your highlighting the services that you enjoyed and the beautiful views. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was very disappointment by my stay at this property. To start with, its at the other end of the Phuket city. Secondly, while the property is good, the staff is atrocious and not befitting a 5-star hotel. It almost seems like they are doing you a favour by serving you.

Moreover, my watch was also stolen from the hotel room, and could not be found. I would recommend against this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear AbhiraiBhal,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

I reviewed your comments and found no record of the incident. Please send us your details as much as possible for further investigation and actions.

We would be glad to discuss this matter with you, please contact the hotel directly.

New York
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Recently stayed at the Westin Siray for 2 nights. Got an upgrade to a suite as an spg platinum member. The property is beautiful and is kept very clean. It is built on a hill over looking the bay so you get great views as well as a work out walking back and forth from your room. There are golf carts available for those who prefer not climbing the stairs. The service is what makes the property stand out as the staff is beyond friendly and helpful. Only downside is the beach on this bay is not very nice but not a big deal since you can just look out onto the bay from one of the infinity pools.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear nnnar,

Thank you very much for this positive and encouraging review.

I thank you for your loyalty to our Starwood Preferred Guest program and am glad to know that you enjoyed the benefits we provide to our SPG guests.

I hope that you had a pleasant stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My partner and I stayed in this luxurious hotel for 2 nights very recently. The room, the pools, the restaurants were all excellent.

I would just offer a caveat: this hotel is amazing, as long as you're sure you want to be in Phuket Town, which is a trafficky, congested place. The hotel is actually away from town, but in order to get anywhere from the hotel (airport, excursions, or even trips into town to see a temple or whatever) you have to contend with some pretty horrendous traffic through a not-so-scenic city. Also with the weather how it was, the air was actually pretty polluted.

The good thing about the location is that it is close to Rassada Pier -- which is were you'd catch a ferry to Phi Phi or Krabi -- and that is why I chose this location.

I have no regrets in the end. This is a really nice hotel. The breakfast buffet was spectacular. Service top notch. The infinity pools, with swim up bars, very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LAguy888,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed everything from the room, pools, breakfast, restaurants to service from our team.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Our family 4 persons stayed in this resort for 4 nights. My parents stayed in a Villa and my wife and I stayed in room with private pool.

Cons:
- service continues to fall short in restaurants, pool area and room service.

- we encountered problems everywhere in the hotel:

1. Problem with cleaniness of guests rooms. There were hair in bath, sink and sofa when we checked in;

2. There was a strong toilet smell in the room. We tried to light up some incense but that didn't help at all. We had a bad sleep that night as you can imagine how it is like sleeping in a toilet;

3. I went to pool side and tried to get 2 pool towels. The staff asked me how many persons are there and I responded one. He said I can't have 2 like a police. I haven't been to a 5 star hotel and restricts you from using towels;

4. Service at their Italian restaurant Prego was horrible. We were assigned to a table where there were dozens of mosquitoes flying around us. We asked if we can change another table. It was already 830pm and the restaurant was around 30% occupied. The staff said all tables are reserved and we cannot change table without any attempt to rectify the issue for us;

5. The main restaurant Tastes was also horrible: not to mention it is hard to get salt and pepper, the floor was dirty and sticky;

6. Staff missing the Thai charm. Don't expect smiley face from staff;

7. No bottled water in gym.

Serious wear and tear:

1. Telephone in the room was not working;

2. External walls of the villa needs refurbishing;

3. There were drainage problems in guest rooms.

Aside from above, the beach is basically the worst beach I have ever been to in Phuket. It was full of rocks and shells. No guest would use the private beach.

Pros:

- Staff at reception area was quite helpful. They tried to rectify problems for us;

- Pools were clean and not too crowded;

- Buffet breakfast at main restaurant was acceptable although a bit too crowded.

I wouldn't stay in this resort again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dali1973
Dear dali1973,

Thank you for providing a review. We value all your feedback as it will help us with our ongoing efforts to improve our service and resort.

I am so disappointed to read that your experience did not meet the high standard we aim to provide. Rest assured I will personally discuss the issues you mentioned with our housekeeping and restaurant team in order to improve the experience for all our guests in the future.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you our improvements, should you return to Phuket.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you are looking for an amazing high-end hotel in Phuket...this is the place for you! This was our 2nd stay at the Westin in Phuket and it was even more amazing then our 1st stay! Where to begin?!?! I booked a 2 bedroom sala suite for 4 of us but as an SPG Platinum member, I received an upgrade to the renewal suite! This is the most amazing room in the hotel with 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, private pool, etc. It was unbelievable!!! I have never felt more at home at any other hotel in the world. The staff are extremely friendly and genuine and the GM was also fantastic! The food at breakfast was also outstanding. I cannot even begin to describe how happy I was staying here. This will be the only hotel I stay in when I travel to Phuket. I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Express T,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other travellers. I am delighted to know you left us with such incredible memories.

It’s great to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phuket Town
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 321 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,344 reviews

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!