The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Villa Zolitude Resort and Spa(Chalong)(Great Value!)
$182
$156
Trip.com
The Signature Phuket Resort(Chalong)(Great Value!)
$34
Sino House Phuket Hotel and Apartment(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
$34
$28
Agoda.com
Crystal Wild Resort Panwa Phuket(Wichit)(Great Value!)
$53
$50
The Memory at On On Hotel(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
$38
  • Restaurant
Ao Chalong Villa & Spa(Chalong)(Great Value!)
$53
Agoda.com
Palm Garden Resort Phuket(Chalong)(Great Value!)
$32
$31
Baan Suwantawe(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
$32
$29
$369
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Tint At Phuket Town(Phuket Town)(Great Value!)
$51
$19
2,211 results
All reviewspregosplash poolkids clubseasonal tastesheavenly bedprivate beachsala pool villadiscovery suitebuggy servicesea viewspg platinumgolf cartasian restaurantheavenly spashuttle buspatong beachswim up bar
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have not even checked into the hotel and I am already appalled by its practices. I made a reservation through Starwood for the Upgrade Offer and received a confirmation email that the cancellation policy is "Cancel by 6:00 PM Hotel time 3 days prior to avoid 1 Night penalty.". One day after I made the reservation, I received an email from Jetiya Potiworagarn of the hotel claiming that the "promotion “Upgrade offer” its condition, Fully pre-paid. Non-refundable, Non-changeable as notice through Term & Condition that you have been informed before making online reservation. Therefore, the credit card which is provided while making online reservation have debiteted for reservation deposit, the receipt is attached.".

For the record, it is 8 days before my check-in date.

As for my request for an early check-in, the email says "Anyway, Referring to the resort policy;Check in time is at 15:00 and check out time is 12:00.". It looks like the hotel is also not going to honour my SPG Gold status which gives me a 4 pm late checkout.

In all my years of staying at Starwood hotels, I have never encountered such a dishonest and distasteful practice of changing the cancellation policy unilaterally and debiting my credit card without my approval.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pavel T
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Pavel T,

Thank you for taking your time to provide your review.

I thank you for choosing to book your stay with us and sincerely apologize for the confusion. Please kindly contact me directly via e-mail with your reservation details at thomas.mueller@westin.com We will process the refund to your credit card immediately.

As we always endeavor to honor early arrivals or late departures for our SPG gold & platinum members whenever possible, please include in your e-mail of your request for an early check-in. It is subject to availability on the day, however, we will do our best to accommodate your request.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2013

we stayed for 3 nights at this property and had to request for a change of rooms 3 times! the first room allocated was right next to the entire block's air conditioner units. we noticed the noise level when we were shown the room but were assured that it was cos the AC for our room was just 'starting up' hence the noise. we had to endure the noise the entire night (with earplugs) before we switched rooms the next day. the next room they gave us smelled like a pigsty. again, they assured us that it was cos they had just cleaned the room and that they would spray it to conceal the smell. we left our luggage there and went out the entire day only to return to that disgusting stench. had to wait and waste a whole lot of time before they allocated us another room, completely unacceptable. and apparently they know about this sewage problem in that particular room/block!
in the last and final room, the AC broke down just as we were about to sleep. the only good thing about this is that the repairmen came quickly and managed to get the AC up and running within 1.5 hours. so good on them.

other than these problems, the property is lovely, clean (however we found a long hair in the unopened plastic comb given as part of the hotel toiletries!) and has great views. for those worrying about the distance from lobby to room, a buggy is easily available at all times and its a pleasant walk anyway. its true that the resort is a distance away from basically anywhere and to get out you need to take the shuttle or hire a cab , these costs can and will add up so be aware of it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilybulb
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear lilybulb,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us to continually improve our product and service.

Please allow me to apologize as we unfortunately have not managed to deliver an experience in line with your expectations. I am sorry about the issues in the room particularly the air conditioner. We will take your feedback on board and make progressive improvement to the area you have mentioned.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to restore your faith in The Westin Siray Bay.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went last february with friends.
Very good to stay before going to Phi Phi Island. Very good food, nice and very well furnished rooms and pool area. All the staff wore very kind and usefull. The breakfest is great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear FelipeA,

Thank you for your brief review. I am happy to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I look forward to you returning to our Westin Siray Bay soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Westin Siray Bay. This resort is very much secluded, on the opposite side of the island from the main beaches, and a short drive from Phuket town. This is a great place if you want to relax and get away from it all, but not if you are going to go in and out a few times a day. It would be best to rent a car to avoid hefty private tax charges.

We got a seaview room with access to a mini pool which spans across all the other rooms in the row. We hardly saw other guests in our block, so we had the pool to ourselves. It overlooks the bay, and sunsets are simply stunning! I had no complains about service. Staff were attentive, prompt and spoke good English. The breakfast had very good variety, probably one of the best in Phuket. They served lattes and cappucinos, and not the usual black coffee. There were local and western varieties of foods, fruits and specially formulated shakes.

The only disadvantage for this resort would be the walking distance to the blocks from the lobby. It is built on a hilly area, therefore slopes and stairs were steep. We could call for a buggy to pick us, but they do take quite some time to arrive. There is a small private beach with powder soft sand, however it is not conducive for swimming.

Overall this is a great place to spend some time alone or together with your loved ones.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you get the pool access room. It has an additional area for sitting and sunbathing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear bly76,

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts with other travelers here. I am so pleased to hear that you had a relaxing stay at The Westin Siray Bay.

It is wonderful to hear that you were so happy with the room, our breakfast and the sunset view from our resort. Your comment regarding our associates is gratefully received.

I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Siray Bay again in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

So we were part of a wedding party and the wedding was fabulous and I believe the newly- married couple are still on cloud-nine because they were well taken care of by the hotel staff.

The hotel is situated in Phuket town, far from the crowds of Patong and on a hill. The property is massive. The beach isn't fantastic but we knew this beforehand so this was no great disappointment. Check-in was smooth and the rooms (and bathrooms) were massive. Sleep quality was good as you come to expect from the Westin chain. While the hotel is still a new property, there are obvious signs of wear on the external hotel buildings. I can only guess that this happens because of the salt in the air. Because the hotel is situated on a hill, you need a buggy to get you from one place to another (to be fair, the wait isn't long). There are 3 swimming pool, well located and a kids club which was very welcomed for the parents in our party.

The big downer was the service. Reception staff aside, the staff at this resort rarely smile - from the guys who pick you up on the buggy to the pool guys (the bulk of us swum at the Preggo pool) who serve you drinks. They make you feel like they're doing you a favour whenever you order a drink. This was despite the fact that we all tipped quite generously. A few of us felt this way and agreed that the staff looked like they preferred to be somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nil13
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear nil13,

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I am pleased to know that the wedding was fabulous and well taken care of.

I am disappointed to learn of the service level you received. I will personally address the concerns you have raised with our team to ensure we provide nothing but five star service.

I do hope that these isolated incidents will not detract from you providing us with another opportunity to restore your faith in The Westin Siray Bay.