“Just what I was looking for...”

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Ranked #3 of 88 Hotels in Phuket Town
Singapore, Singapore
“Just what I was looking for...”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

It's been a while that we had a good break where we stayed at a nice property/resort which offers everything for a family... They have a lovely kids room where my daughter had a great time and the horizon pool next to it where i spent much of my time, The property is vast and it's great walking around overlooking the sea from every part of the property...

We were upgraded to the Deluxe sea view room which was fantastic as we could see the sea while lying on the bed. The room was beautiful with all modern amenities and had a great bath tub and shower.

We tried 2 restaurants Coffee shop and Asian and loved the food as it was simply amazing...

Overall a great break and i would highly recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a nice break...

I had a couple of qualms about my stay:
- One was that staff always looked very stressed may be most of them were trainees and i didn't see the pro activeness and politeness that i have seen at other Westin hotels.
- The beach is pretty bad and they should do something about it like clean up that part or something

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vindeb
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear vindeb,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. It certainly sounds like you had a wonderful time at The Westin Siray Bay.

Thank you for recommending our restaurants and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Westin Siray Bay again soon.

General Manage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the resort from 16 march 2013 to 20th march 2013 for a short break and had a wonderful experience right from the moment the car picked us up from the airport. We travelled with our son and was pleasantly surprised when we wre informed that they have added breakfast for my son and an extra bed at no cost. The food while is expensive by the local standards it is still cheap when compared to 5 star hotel food elsewhere. The only downside would be the fact that it is far from everywhere and Phuket town, which is the closest still is about 15 minutes bus ride away on average. But hey, we wanted a resort holiday with no sighseeing- just relax and chill in the pool/room and that is exactly what we got. The staff, contrary to other comments here are very pleasant, accomodating and responsive. The room was clean, spacious and everything seemed to work flawlessly- best part was the view of the bay as you step out on the balcony- breathtaking! Only thing is given the hilly geography of the resort you would be better off with the buggy but sometimes, during peak times, the wait can be around 15-20 minutes. So plan your timetable accordingly especially if you have to catch the shuttle to the town or Grand Festival.

Definitely coming back here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear ZameenZahari,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am naturally delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay experience at The Westin Siray Bay.

It is certainly rewarding to know you enjoyed many of our resort facilities and service from our associates.

I thank you for your time to share your experience and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the resort was absolutely breath taking - especially during the sunset when shades of orange and pink were reflected on the pools of the resort. That being said, the hotel itself did have a few notable flaws. For example, the tiles in the Prego pool came off (and the jets weren't on), the wifi was very unstable around the resort, and I hope you're fit if you plan on getting a room with a view - they are the highest ones, and thus there will be a lot of walking of steep steps. The staff is very pleasant, and there is ever hardly anyone at the splash pool (I was by myself there many times which is odd because it has the best view in my opinion). There really isn't anything special about the beach, the ground feels like its covered in algae and it's rocky. When I got into my hotel room the remote that lowered the bathroom curtain didn't work, and neither did the iphone speaker. It took a while for staff to come and replace them, but it was only a minor inconvenience. I would also suggest that they make the bathroom closest to the the computer room 24 hours open, because if it's 10 o'clock and you're writing a paper and suddenly have to use the bathroom, have fun "trekking" all the way back to your hotel room.

Many people are complaining about the location of the hotel. I agree that it is very far away from many attractions, but I also value the serenity of it. My family and I rented a car from Avis and drove to Patong Beach ourselves. I suggest everyone does this as it saves you from overpriced taxi rides, but if you have to be somewhere by a certain time leave an hour early because Phuket is hard town to navigate. Also, good luck getting back (I stayed four nights and got lost every single time I was coming back). We were about to eat at the hotel (don't do it, it's overpriced and the food is nothing above average), but on our way back to the resort we found a quaint restaurant. You can't miss it, it's right on the way to the hotel. The food is DELICIOUS, cheap, and the people are some of the kindest that I've met in Thailand. It felt like they were serving us home-cooked meals that deserved a Michelin star, I'm being a little dramatic, but still, the food was great compared to that of many other places that we went to. Make sure to order their Mango smoothie!

Room Tip: Book the highest room possible, the view is spectacular and well-worth the daily climb to get there.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank noah w
Dear noah w,

Thank you for providing a review with regard to your stay with us. I am glad to hear you rated the views of our resort breathtaking. It is truly relaxing during sunset and a great time to unwind.

I am sorry about the minor problems you experienced in the room. However, I am glad these issues were rectified and that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Thank you for your review and I hope that these isolated incidents do not detract from you providing us with another opportunity in the future to restore your faith in The Westin Siray Bay.

Paris, France
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great resort with fabulous pools and restaurants
Get a room on the hill with a view
All pools are very nice and with a nice view on the ocean
The resort is a bit isolated but using taxis you can get around easily

The resort is on a hill so expect to walk up and down a lot - or use a tuctuc to go around

Room Tip: Get a SPA offer it is worth it - get a room on the hill or a little further the lobby
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KhalTravel
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear KhalTravel,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience. It is delightful to hear you had a great time with us. I hope you had a relaxing time at the pools and enjoyed the beautiful views of Siray Bay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Siray Bay again hopefully soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The resort has good facility, the beach is not good though, dirty! Most of the reviewers said there is not restaurant within walking distance but it is not true. There is just one local seafood restaurant, if you walk out of the main entrance, there is a advertisemnt sign, you turn right, walk 300m, you will get there, you could also call the number on the advertisement sign, they will pick ou up nd send you back for free. The price at this local restaurant is slightly higher than normal local Thais, but still cheaper than in he hotel, and the food quality is very good!
As being a starwoods hotel, the staff is this Westin is not friendly at all, especially the guest service officer named "Wan", she is helpless and only said no no no to every request. I got feeling to deal with a government official not a Starwoods hotel guest service person. When I had complaint she asked if she should book us to the other hotel if we were not happy, what a "nice" approach! Never met such a guest service in my previous stay in Starwoods hotel everywhere as a loyal SPG member! She ruined the whole thing!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Otto D
StarwoodPhuket, General Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Otto D,

Thank you for providing your feedback with us. Your comments are important to us as it helps us in our ongoing efforts to improve product and service.

I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet the high standards we aim to provide. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Your comments have been shared with our Front Office team to improve the guest experience in the future.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time around. However, I hope you will allow another opportunity for us to restore your faith in our Westin Siray Bay.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As many other reviewers have noted - this is a gorgeous resort, but is a little distant from the action in Phuket. You really cannot get anywhere outside the compound (safely) by walking, so you need to take a taxi. Its cheap - just a few hundred baht ($5), but is still a pain.

The resort is embedded on the side of a hill, so to get almost anywhere you either need to jump a ride in a golf buggy or walk up/down many steps. For example I counted 129 steps between my room and the closest pool. If you have small children or bad knees this gets to be a pain.

The main attractions in the resort are the spa, three pools and the beach. I found the spa to be a pleasant experience, and the pools, although small, were refreshing and offered a great view out into Siray Bay. The beach is a tidal beach, so although it looks great a high tide, its not so pleasant at low tide. The resort staff iare very friendly and helpful and constantly check in on you. For example I liked the fact that during the hot afternoons they toured the pool and beach with glasses of cold ice water. They also saw me dancing on the hot sand and brought me some water shoes to wear! Nice touch.

When you check in you want to get a room on the top floor of the building you are assigned to. Most buildings have 3 floors, so look for a room like 2236 - which is building 22, 3rd floor, 6th room. Some rooms have built-in splash pools right outside them and others dont - it depends on the type of room you book. (Also try to get a rate that includes breakfast!) Everyone at the conference I attended remarked on a comfortable bed, great rain shower and tub, well stocked mini-bar and finally a fabulous view of the bay. Sunset is quite something.

So bottom line is that its a nice resort, but a little out of the way. If you want to do someexporing of phuket and the neighboring beaches be prepared to use taxis. Have fun!

Room Tip: Higher up the hill is better (as long as your legs are OK). Go for 3rd floor rooms, corner ones are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John C
Dear John C,

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed many of our resort facilities from the room, the views, our signature Heavenly Bed to the pools and Heavenly Spa by Westin.

Thank for choosing The Westin Siray Bay as your holiday destination. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The property itself is beautiful but the beaches are average @ best during high tide and well below average during low tide. The rooms have amazing views and life @ the pool is wonderful. If you're looking for a resort style vacation this is the place. However if you're like me and want to explore then you will need to stay somewhere else. The hotel is 30-45 mins away from almost everything.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear laienfuego,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed the amazing views from the room and the pool.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the location. Our resort is only less than 10-minute drive to Phuket Old Town, where there are a number of places such as historical sites to explore.

Should you plan for a restful holiday escape, The Westin Siray Bay is always here to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phuket Town
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!