The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Lamoon Resotel(Talat Yai)
  • Restaurant
Meroom(Talat Yai)
View Hotel
Phuket Crystal Inn(Phuket Town)
  • Restaurant
The Malika Hotel(Talat Yai)
2,210 results
All reviewspregosplash poolkids clubseasonal tastesheavenly bedprivate beachsala pool villadiscovery suitebuggy servicesea viewspg platinumgolf cartasian restaurantheavenly spashuttle buspatong beachswim up bar
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I booked the Westin using cash + points and it was a phenomenal value that way. I stayed at the Westin for 2 nights a couple days after New Years 2013 and it was hand down the nicest hotel that I stayed in during my vacation in Thailand. The rooms were incredibly large and the grounds were impeccably manicured.

The hotel is set atop a cliff, and the views are tremendous but it's quite far from everything. I did appreciate, however, that the hotel provided shuttles to shop (Central Festival) and to get spa treatments (Kim's Spa) outside of the hotel. I DO NOT recommend Central Festival, unless you're looking for a very Westernized mall. But I do recommend Kim's Spa because the prices are spectacular and definitely a better value vs the hotel. We got nail treatments at the Heavenly Spa within the hotel and I paid 1800 baht (roughly $60USD) for a pedicure. While it was a nice pedicure it certainly wasn't worth $60USD. Do yourself a favor and get a manicure at Kim's or at the mall.

Since the hotel was so far from everything, we found ourselves enjoying the amenities and facilities on the grounds. Problem is that everything pretty much shuts down at 10:30pm. You can still order room service from your room, but the bar in the lobby (which is a strange location to begin with) closed at 11pm, which pretty much meant they were packing up and cleaning around 10:30pm. We were two girls just looking to get a cocktail, and our night was cut off. For a hotel that is located in such a remote area I would like to at least have some options for nightlife. As a recommendation, a karaoke bar/club would be nice :)

In terms of food -- the breakfast buffet at the hotel is spectacular. The food is just amazing and there are lots of options to please everyone. It was a bit pricey, but you're paying for quality and cleanliness. I ordered room service on our first night and... they actually FORGOT about my order. After an hour had gone by, I called room service up again and I was pretty much told that they didn't put my order in. Admittedly, I was really irritated because for a hotel that shuts down at 10:30pm you would think that their room service would be on point. They apologized profusely, but I was tired, hungry and fed up. So I canceled my order and went to sleep.

I pretty much forgot about that until the next day when we heard a knock on the door and a huge delicious fruit basket was delivered to the room to apologize for the mishap with room service. I have got to say that I was totally floored by the lengths that the hotel went to ensure that I was happy and satisfied during my stay. They totally won me over with a couple of bananas and a mango.

All in all, I absolutely recommend this hotel, particularly if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of busy Phuket. It's a total sanctuary and it feels very much like a 5-star resort. The only thing missing is the nightlife. If they kept at least one of the bars open past 11pm I would have gladly given this hotel 5 stars!

Room Tip: Become a Starwood Preferred Guest to score a room on the SPG Floors. Book early and use points!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LeslieTheExplorer
StarwoodPhuket, Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear LeslieTheExplorer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a comprehensive review of your stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed our spacious rooms and choices we provide at our buffet breakfast.

I sincerely apologize for our short falls in room service. I have personally addressed the points you raised with the team to ensure such incidents do not reoccur.

I thank you for your feedback and hope you will choose The Westin Siray Bay again for your next holiday getaway.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a huge suite with a private infinity pool on the balcony that overlooks the bay. Nicest room we've ever stayed in. Featured an entire living room, two TVs, jacuzzi that looks into the bedroom. Breakfast buffet was amazing with a huge variety. To get around the resort, you have to call the operator to send a tuk-tuk to pick you up since the resort is large and hilly. Though if you'd like to see more of Phuket, I wouldn't recommend staying here for more than 1-2 days, because it is quite secluded and a bit far from town. We stayed here on our last night of our week-long vacation in Thailand and it was the perfect way to end it.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank corgs

Dear corgs,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us.

It is delightful to hear you had such a comfortable stay and chose The Westin Siray Bay as the last stop to end your holiday in Thailand. I hope you have returned home feeling relaxed and renewed.

Should you plan for another restful holiday in Phuket, The Westin Siray Bay is always here to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The hotel is in a quiet area called Siray Bay in the west of Phuket island. It is the only 5 star hotel there and there are no places to eat outside the hotel nearby. But Phuket Town is about 20 mins away and costs 400 Baht by taxi (one way), so that's not an issue.

The hotel is built on a hill and all units have a view of the Andaman sea. So it's really beautiful but it is not for disabled and unfit people as you need to go up a lot of steps on a steep incline. To get to our unit, we have to go up 91 steps. Yes, no kidding. But our whole family is fit, so it's fine. Kids were grumbling at times though.

The gym is well appointed with free weights, cardio machines, mats, Swiss balls and even a boxing station. There are 3 pools and we loved the main pool, closest to the sea, and the Splash pool which was the highest one and was quiet. The other pool near the Italian resto was quite small.

The terrible thing was the beds! The bed is the WORST hotel bed I ever slept in my life. This is definitely not a Heavenly Bed. It was so soft and lumpy; it gave us a back ache everytime we woke up in the morning. I saw similar feedback in some of the reviews so we were aware, but we didn't think it was that bad. The bed is just too soft; they really should replace them. Really, it is the WORST bed I ever slept in. The rooms though are quite spacious.

Aside from that, the hotel was really lovely. The GM was always at the lobby, working on his laptop. I wish he looked more approachable. I never saw the guy smile or say hi to guests. He was just there in the lobby, pounding away in his laptop. He could be more affable and approachable.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a magnificent view but they can be too far and will be quite a climb. It's fine if you don't mind. We got a room in the middle section, near the lobby, and was on the second "row" and it still took 91 steps to go up. You can also walk on the road, and it's a shorter climb, but it is very steep and if you're not fit, you can roll down and die. LOL
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheSpatulaQueen2012

Dear Travel Diva E,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the spacious room, and the magnificent view of Siray Bay.

I am sorry you were disappointed with our beds. All of our mattresses are Westin signature Heavenly beds, however, we do understand that guests have preferences. In view of the feedback you mention we are undertaking a project to replace all the resorts Westin Heavenly mattresses with new mattresses over the course of the next 6 months.

Once again, thank you for your comments. I hope you will consider returning to The Westin Siray Bay, and would encourage you to contact us directly prior to your arrival to discuss your bedding preference.

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The Westin Siray Bay was a gorgeous resort spread across a huge hill. Even though it was huge, there was loads of privacy. I was in a hit on the top and we even had nearly our own pool. Recommend rooming by the Splash Pool if you don't want to be near children. There are also plenty of dining options, so you don't need to leave the grounds. Service is a little slow, but the staff is really nice.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Nicole S

Dear Nicole S,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience with us at the Westin Siray Bay. You comments on our service are appreciated and we will look to make immediate improvements.

I am pleased you had a peaceful holiday and look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Siray Bay on your next vacation to Phuket.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The location of the Westin often gets criticized. 15-20 minutes from Phuket town and virtually no shopping, restaurants or massage places within walking distance. So if you are after a Patong experience forget the Westin. However this is one great resort that uses the geographical location overlooking Siray bay spectacularly. Views just wonderful and the hilly location generates a lot of privacy space unusual in most resorts. Using the resort bus or cabs will take you to Phuket town with some great restaurants and first rate massages, like Kim's at the hotel bus stop. Stayed with my family: wife, 18,15 & 11 year old all loved it. The breakfast is close to the best I have had in ANY hotel worldwide. So if you wang to relax Westin is for you.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank BluesRule_GoBlues

Dear BluesRule_GoBlues,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you and your family had a relaxing stay.

It is always our pleasure to have provided our guests with an experience that is expected when staying at The Westin Siray Bay.

We look forward to seeing you again on your return trip to Phuket.