“A beautiful stay!”

The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My cousin, her friend and I stayed at this beautiful resort for 5 nights. We were extremely happy and satisfied with our stay. We were given a superior room with 2 queen size beds. The room and bathroom were spacious with an attached balcony that gave us a lovely view of the sea. Although it was an extremely steep walk from and to the lobby area, golf carts were provided as and when we needed to get up to our room. Service in the hotel was promt and efficient. I took a shuttle twice to the Central Festival mall at a very reasonable rate of 200 Baht (return). For Patong, the old town and any other areas we wished to go to, the hotel would arrange a limousine at a fixed rate(check rate card at the front desk). The hotel is quite secluded so make sure you get all your requirements and provisions from 7eleven stores or family mart stores in town whilst you're there. We found the Splash pool very relaxing since there were fewer people and no children. The breakfast was absolutely worth it and the restaurant Seasonal Tastes had a great menu for lunch and dinner with a mix of thai, indian and international dishes, and the prices were reasonable. We got ourselves a tour arranged to the Phi Phi islands by the tour desk as well. Very polite and informative staff and a great place to relax and unwind. The only downside was that there were lizards around the place (no fault of the hotel, it is expected out of a tropical island) which personally freaked me out since I have a phobia :)

Room Tip: Every room seems to be having a fabulous view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ScherIrani
StarwoodPhuket, Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear diva5,

Thank you for your wonderful review . I am delighted to hear you were extremely happy with our beautiful resort and enjoyed the services we offer.

It is always our pleasure to have provided our guests with a level of experience that is expected when staying at The Westin Siray Bay and we look forward to welcoming you back to Phuket in the near future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

First, the positives:
The hotel scenery is stunning - our view from our room was absolutely beautiful and I was able to capture some beautiful sunsets.
As mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel grounds are expansive, and I found the availability of tuk tuks to be good and didn't struggle getting around.
Hotel food was mostly good including the breakfast which was included in my hotel fee.

Negatives:
The service in the restaurants at times was not as I would expect. I found it difficult to get anyone's attention and once I did it was if they didn't want to accept my request. Example - multiple requests to get coffee @ breakfast, before I was able to get it. Second example, two different requests for napkins after ordering pizza at the pool - never received.
The decor is dated - the wooden benches in the rooms are very scratched, some of the roof deck patio furniture has cigarette burns in the furniture.

Overall i had an enjoyable stay at the hotel due to the company I was keeping. However, I would not recommend the Westin Siray Bay to friends in the future. In the meantime, I hope that they look to make some significant improvements in their service and update the decor a bit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RachelAdams_2012

Dear RachelAdams_2012,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear you found our resort scenery and its view stunning.

I am dissappointed to learn of the service levels you experienced. We normally receive very positive comments about our associates and our service delivery.

I will personally address the concerns you have raised with our food and beverage team and we will review our training programs to ensure we are providing nothing but five star service.

Your comments on the furniture are important and noted. We are currently in the process of detailing the furniture in our rooms to improve its look and feel.

I hope you will provide us with another opportunity in the future to experience our revitalized resort .

Hotel Manger

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Maybe I'm spoiled (in fact i think i musr be to be opening with such a statememt) but, although I can't say there is anything particularly wrong with this hotel, I wasn't bowled over.

The spa is nice and the facial was probably typically Heavenly Spa in the same way as you know what you are getting when you buy a latte from Starbucks. The gym is equipped with top of the range kit (lovely leather seats like I've never before seen in a gym) but the range isn't quite there. Our suite was a great size but although there is a pantry it wasn't equipped adequately and we got one green tea bag between the 2 of us each day. The balcony view was obstructed but it would have been lovely had the large trees not got in the way.

On the positive side the hotel was secluded from the party town of Patong and being so far away (30mins/700baht) meant we only need stay as long as our bombarded senses allowed us to. Phuket City has plenty to be going on with if you don't fancy the longer journey and there is a great local Thai restaurant 300m from the hotel if you feel the need to escape the hotel and it's prices.

The one major bugbear I have about the hotel is the items they have on sale in the hotel gift shops. Given the wealth of fabric manufacture and handicraft in Thailand it was disappointing to see products from India and China. There are some local products but why not champion entirely the produce of the country you sit within Westin?

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank BallyBlighter

Dear BallyBlighter,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that we have provided you with a comfortable and relaxing experience.

We take your comments on board in relation to looking for opportunities to source more local products for our gift shop. As you rightly highlight, Thailand has a wealth of wonderful fabrics and handcrafts and we need to utilize this fabulous resource more effectively.

Thank you again we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Stephen

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The location of the hotel may not be the prime spot in Phuket and the beach may not be white and clean but that did't make me enjoy my holiday any less.

The Lobby area offers a panoramic of the sea. The reception was so attentive, explaining every details about outlets and pools to us clearly. We took the tuk-tuk service to our room since the room was located on the hill, please note that 90% of rooms here are located on steep hill so you have to take the tuk-tuk from place to place. The room was so nice and huge. The bed was like heaven. During our stay the main pool was closed for maintenance, the 2 pools that available were a bit too small. However, the pool service was amazing, we tried the aquarobics, it was fun.

Me and my sister had a wonderful time here. All we did is eat sleep and swim. One last thing, among the places that I have been, I think this place has the best breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nomad_bkk
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am staying in the Westin in Siray Bay and can agree with some of the comments made here. I am here with my wife and two kids for 10 nights so we have had time to get a feel for the place. The children have been very happy with the kids club where they have many members of staff looking after the children with activities and making sure they are safe. The guest rooms are generally very comfortable with everything you expect of a Westin room with a heavenly bed, amenities, heavenly bath, etc. The resort boasts 3 pools, one next to the kids club and main restaurant which is popular with families, one next to the Italian restuarant and the beach which is a bit quieter and then one near the top of the hill where there is a sunset bar which is perfect for romantic couples. The staff at the resort are nothing short of excellent, they are attentive, polite and happy to help in every way they can. The only negative about the resort is that some of the buildings are looking a bit weather worn but when I asked the General Manager about this he said they have a major maintenance project underway to improve the exterior of some of the older buildings which should improve the exterior look of the property. To summarise, the service staff are very good and the interior of the guest rooms is very comfortable (which are the two most important factors for us) and the building exteriors are being worked on, but there are plenty of flowers and greenery as well so it is still an attractive property. I would certainly be happy to come back, thanks.

Room Tip: Some rooms have "plunge pools" which are worth requesting if they are available as it can...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear AshleyNicholas,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience. I am delighted to hear our team has made your stay so memorable and you and your family had a fabulous time with us.

I appreciate your refreshing comments and look forward to having you and your family back at The Westin Siray Bay again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Greatest assets of this hotel is its staffs, ready to listen and help. Special Thanks to Jack and Prada.

We did not expect this 3 years old hotel to be in this 15 years old condition, exterior and interior. Our superior pool rooms were basically in unfit for guest condition, dirty, uncleaned pool, the door of cabinet in bathroom was in danger of dropping off if we were to open it. the rubber of the adjoining rooms was dropped down. The balcony was dirty. Luckily we were upgraded to Sala Pool Villa on our 2nd days. Good and clean. But nothing grand. Pool was still dirty. Sea view was replaced by dirty roof top view of other villas.

Not worth to pay 5* rate to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
StarwoodPhuket, Manager at The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear MMG639,

Thank you for your kind feedback with regard to the service provided from our associates. Your comments will certainly be passed on to our Front Office team as well as Khun Jack and Khun Prada.

We are currently undertaking enhancements and maintenance work that will bring the Resort back to life, and enrich your future stays with us. Some of these areas include the repainting of the internal and external buildings, replanting and landscaping.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time around, however, we certainly take your feedback on board, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our renewed resort.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed for 5 days in AUGUST not knowing what to expect as this resort was on the opposite side of the island from Patong beach .Firstly its very hard to find ,unless you are coming directly from the airport in the hotels transport which is expensive but i would reccomend if your not very familiar with the area.We were in Phuket for 3 weeks and like to stay at various types of accommodation to vary our holiday experience and also the cost as we find if you stay entirely in a 5 star resort you pay 5 star prices for food ,massages ,room service {if you use it } and everything else the resort may offer.We tend to find a cheap price for their accommodation and try and eat mostly out of the premises . We hired a car this time for the first time in our many visits to Phuket This proved to be a good decision except we used google maps to negotiate our way to and from Siray resort and around the surrounding areas and were quite surprised to have a $700 bill for the use of that for the 5 days only ,no phonecalls just google maps and only switched on when we were lost basically .We could never quite find our way in or out of Siray resort successfully without it .There were lots of one way streets and back lanes to end up in .Anyway we just put that experience and cost down to a holiday oversight and we figure something always seems to blow the holiday budget out of the water especially when we take as many holidays as we do .The other thing that made us think this place is hard to find are the guys on bikes that pull up when you look lost and say follow me ,when it may be only 500 metres to 1kilometre away and then ask for a big tip .We paid it once ,the first time as we were so grateful to find the place but from then on had to brush them off and say we had our gps and were fine .
When we arrived we were pleased as it is a beautiful resort with breathtaking views .There are alot of steps but you expect that when the place is built on a hill and takes advantage of the views .The room was beautiful and shared a pool with 5 other rooms ,just nice to jump in to cool off briefly .There are many big pools in the complex so you never feel too crowded .The breakfast was very good ,i dont think you could complain about not enough choice .As we had a hire car we went out mostly for dinner .There is a lovely Thai restaurant across from the beach at the back of the resort very reasonable prices .The beach isnt much to look at there on the flat part but it looks like alot of development going on in the area ,maybe in the future as it is still a quiet area not many people seem to inhabit that particular spot.We had a massage that came complimentary with our package ,that was lovely but i dont think i would pay their prices that they charge ,although the massage was in a beautful purpose built building ,lovely ambience etc .I just think it is catering more for groups of tourists on a package deal who will stay and spend in the resort ,because they want to relax and also because they cant really get out of the place .It is not the sort of place where you could walk to anything ,it is too far and too hot.We really liked it ,although i dont think i would race back ,only because i like to be in the thick of the action and to walk out the door to restaurants and massage places when i feel like it.Its a very beautiful resort for honeymooners or tourists who like to go straight from the airport to the resort ,stay in the resort and back to the airport ,without seeing the country.It just depends what kind of holiday you are looking for.

Room Tip: We had a pool access behind the reception and restaurant which was great as not so much walking
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catherine w

Dear Catherine W,

Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were able to relax and refresh at The Westin Siray Bay.

I also thank you for your kind comments on our room, the beautiful views and breakfast. I hope to welcome you back for another restful holiday in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phuket Town
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 331 in Patong
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa Phuket? Share your experiences!