2 people are viewing this hotel
$48
$46
$46
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$46
Hotels.com$46
Travelocity$46
2,687 results
All reviews prego seasonal tastes splash pool sala pool villa heavenly spa buggy service golf cart private beach sea view kids club patong beach pool access room f b beautiful property main pool welcome drink phi phi island
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My partner and I had an overall rather pleasant experience at the West Siray Bay resort. The resort is tucked in the south-eastern part of Phuket island, away from the bustling thoroughfare of Patong Beach. Hence, although it offers a sense of seclusion and exclusivity, getting to where the restaurants and night-life of Phuket is around Patong or Kata requires a 40min cab ride.

The hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable. My 2 bugbears are
1. We had to rely on the showers because the water running into the bath tub was murky! Yikes. That ruined our little cuddly time :(
2. The sound proofing for the rooms isn't that good. We could hear the screaming kids on the level below us.

The lobby was always busy and noisy the times we're there, so waiting for our turn at the concierge took 10 minutes. For a Westin, that's not ideal.

Room tip: Corner rooms are quieter.
2  Thank DiscoE
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I selected this hotel by looking at the proffesional photos of the hotel (obivously not up the expectation). The rooms are in excellant condition, the staffs are very friendly and the service is good. The water pressure in bathroom was however very bad. This hotel location is very secluded. It has a very simple bar in the hotel (which closes early). No activity at the hotel. The beach is basically not attractive at all. Basically no body spend their time at the beach and no activity in the beach either. They do provide free shuttle service to Phuket town but you need to book early. Nothing much in Phuket town. Definately not worth the money if you are looking for a fun holiday.

1  Thank Sarita_KL
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Beautiful resort with spectacular views.
Excellent rooms with annoying service.
Sumptuous breakfast, expedient & friendly children's playroom, enjoyable multiple level pool, heavenly spa, helpful complementary phuket town shuttle, YET..................lacking the phuket beach culture and spirit.

Room tip: pool side rooms & front rooms- totally avoid rooms high up on the hill to avoid getting a taste of annoying service
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I used to be a big fan of Sheraton and Westin Hotel, however, my current visit to Westin Siray Bay has got me to the bottom of disappointment. Hard to believe how a 5-star hotel like this one will be very much unable to keep up to its own standard. I’m spending my 4 days 3 nights vacation at Westin Siray Bay with my own belief that this is the best hotel and I will get my holiday good time. However, what I received for the second night (last night- Sat 10th Sep’11) was the physical dysfunction of the room (it was room# 1824), it rained very hard that night and the ceiling was leaking, the sofa was soaked and the water all over the floor (if I didn’t happen to unplug the lamp, both my friend and I would’ve been electrocuted to death).
Finally we could move to another room (#2024) after waiting for 6 hours with many calls to Front desk and they kept ignoring our calls (put us on hold, transferred to another staff and we had to repeat the incident over and over again), only to find out that late evening that the TV and the cable was out of order, so, instead of going out for good dinner, we are now waiting for the maintenance guy to fix the TV. What upset us the most was that, we talked to the maid and she told us that she informed about the TV incident in the morning, yet again, no action taken by anyone (as they all claimed to receive no reports), and now we’re here waiting for the TV to be fixed in the evening.
Would anything at this 5-star hotel work (like, in good stage of workability, hence, not broken)? I mean, I come to think about it and I’m very disappointed that I thought this hotel was the right choice to stay. This is so wasting my holiday time (and I don’t get many holidays so when I get to be on one, I just want it to be worthwhile). As much as I like the place, I’m having a second thought whether I’ll ever come back to Westin Siray Bay (well, it’s beautiful and serene with everything a 5-star hotel has to offer, except for the leaked-ceiling and out-of-order UBC cable).
So, just a simple advice from personal experience, if you will check-in here, do check if the ceiling of #1824 is fixed or just don’t go there when it rains and for #2024, do check the TV first thing when you enter the room. So you won’t have to waste your dinner time waiting for it to be fixed and I’m sure to tell you, it will certainly not be fixed unless you make many calls to them. They just can’t keep things in good order here. Also, this hotel doesn’t clean room properly so, no surprise that you might find some dead bugs (spiders or lizard) in your room. Well, what do you expect from a 5-star hotel like the Westin, right?
Last but not least, my feedback on the hotel's facebook was deleted right after I posted. Effective damage control on your service for you, Westin Siray Bay!

Room tip: Do not expect much!
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank June T
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Although the Westin Siray Bay is a fairly new property we felt that, although it was a beautiful location and quite secluded, that it didnt stand up to normal Starwood standards. It is built into the side of a hill and this means being ferried around by "Tuk tuks" and buggies which is ok except when excessive waiting times are required. At this level one would hope that they would plan for extra 'couriers' to be available. 5 star resorts of this calibre should not make their geusts wait for this sort of thing, in my humble opinion.

Whilst some of the staff were outstanding we found the majority to be dis-engaged from the guests and some just uninterested in serving full stop. Having said this the Prego restaurant (Italian restaurant) was amazing and the staff there were exemplary and made our dining experience truly memorable. The food too was of a high standard.

The bed was very disappointing. Those who have stayed with Westins will know the beds are normally heavenly! This one was most certainly not. After a few nights i actually had back spasms from sleeping in this bed (i am in my mid 30's and have never had any back problems - lucky we were in the land of the massage!!). For a Westin it was disgraceful. So too was the disgusting smell than pervaded the entire bathroom. It smelt like sewage and was not pleasant to say the least.

I also felt that the balconies were not designed to handle the quite fierce storms that invade this area of the world and while I realise we were there in a season where one can expect rain, in most of sth east asia, good resorts build their balcony's so that the rain does not actually come into the room if the doors are open - i know we werent the only ones to experience this problem as i overheard other guests discussing this same thing. Im not talking about a few drops im talking about half the room being virtually flooded - quite dangerous on tiles - and it did not take a full blown storm for this to happen, any kind of rain would mean closed doors or a flooded and slippery floor.

Front desk were mostly helpful, the Thai still need to learn to stop the mentality of "thats not my job I cant help you".

Would we return? No. It was a nice resort but it didn't "wow" us and for the Starwood brand we left feeling quite disappointed that we had chosen to stay there.

Room tip: Stay close to the Lobby if you can so you dont have to rely on buggies and tuk tuks to ferry you around (trust me it is built into a steep hill and after a relaxing meal, you wont want to be walking back up them, especially in the dark!!)
1  Thank bj32