2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$57
Expedia.com$57
Hotels.com$57
Priceline$57
Travelocity$57
eDreams$57
2,686 results
All reviews prego seasonal tastes splash pool sala pool villa heavenly spa buggy service golf cart private beach sea view kids club patong beach pool access room f b beautiful property main pool welcome drink phi phi island
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Beautiful resort with spectacular views.
Excellent rooms with annoying service.
Sumptuous breakfast, expedient & friendly children's playroom, enjoyable multiple level pool, heavenly spa, helpful complementary phuket town shuttle, YET..................lacking the phuket beach culture and spirit.

Room tip: pool side rooms & front rooms- totally avoid rooms high up on the hill to avoid getting a taste of annoying service
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I used to be a big fan of Sheraton and Westin Hotel, however, my current visit to Westin Siray Bay has got me to the bottom of disappointment. Hard to believe how a 5-star hotel like this one will be very much unable to keep up to its own standard. I’m spending my 4 days 3 nights vacation at Westin Siray Bay with my own belief that this is the best hotel and I will get my holiday good time. However, what I received for the second night (last night- Sat 10th Sep’11) was the physical dysfunction of the room (it was room# 1824), it rained very hard that night and the ceiling was leaking, the sofa was soaked and the water all over the floor (if I didn’t happen to unplug the lamp, both my friend and I would’ve been electrocuted to death).
Finally we could move to another room (#2024) after waiting for 6 hours with many calls to Front desk and they kept ignoring our calls (put us on hold, transferred to another staff and we had to repeat the incident over and over again), only to find out that late evening that the TV and the cable was out of order, so, instead of going out for good dinner, we are now waiting for the maintenance guy to fix the TV. What upset us the most was that, we talked to the maid and she told us that she informed about the TV incident in the morning, yet again, no action taken by anyone (as they all claimed to receive no reports), and now we’re here waiting for the TV to be fixed in the evening.
Would anything at this 5-star hotel work (like, in good stage of workability, hence, not broken)? I mean, I come to think about it and I’m very disappointed that I thought this hotel was the right choice to stay. This is so wasting my holiday time (and I don’t get many holidays so when I get to be on one, I just want it to be worthwhile). As much as I like the place, I’m having a second thought whether I’ll ever come back to Westin Siray Bay (well, it’s beautiful and serene with everything a 5-star hotel has to offer, except for the leaked-ceiling and out-of-order UBC cable).
So, just a simple advice from personal experience, if you will check-in here, do check if the ceiling of #1824 is fixed or just don’t go there when it rains and for #2024, do check the TV first thing when you enter the room. So you won’t have to waste your dinner time waiting for it to be fixed and I’m sure to tell you, it will certainly not be fixed unless you make many calls to them. They just can’t keep things in good order here. Also, this hotel doesn’t clean room properly so, no surprise that you might find some dead bugs (spiders or lizard) in your room. Well, what do you expect from a 5-star hotel like the Westin, right?
Last but not least, my feedback on the hotel's facebook was deleted right after I posted. Effective damage control on your service for you, Westin Siray Bay!

Room tip: Do not expect much!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank June T
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Although the Westin Siray Bay is a fairly new property we felt that, although it was a beautiful location and quite secluded, that it didnt stand up to normal Starwood standards. It is built into the side of a hill and this means being ferried around by "Tuk tuks" and buggies which is ok except when excessive waiting times are required. At this level one would hope that they would plan for extra 'couriers' to be available. 5 star resorts of this calibre should not make their geusts wait for this sort of thing, in my humble opinion.

Whilst some of the staff were outstanding we found the majority to be dis-engaged from the guests and some just uninterested in serving full stop. Having said this the Prego restaurant (Italian restaurant) was amazing and the staff there were exemplary and made our dining experience truly memorable. The food too was of a high standard.

The bed was very disappointing. Those who have stayed with Westins will know the beds are normally heavenly! This one was most certainly not. After a few nights i actually had back spasms from sleeping in this bed (i am in my mid 30's and have never had any back problems - lucky we were in the land of the massage!!). For a Westin it was disgraceful. So too was the disgusting smell than pervaded the entire bathroom. It smelt like sewage and was not pleasant to say the least.

I also felt that the balconies were not designed to handle the quite fierce storms that invade this area of the world and while I realise we were there in a season where one can expect rain, in most of sth east asia, good resorts build their balcony's so that the rain does not actually come into the room if the doors are open - i know we werent the only ones to experience this problem as i overheard other guests discussing this same thing. Im not talking about a few drops im talking about half the room being virtually flooded - quite dangerous on tiles - and it did not take a full blown storm for this to happen, any kind of rain would mean closed doors or a flooded and slippery floor.

Front desk were mostly helpful, the Thai still need to learn to stop the mentality of "thats not my job I cant help you".

Would we return? No. It was a nice resort but it didn't "wow" us and for the Starwood brand we left feeling quite disappointed that we had chosen to stay there.

Room tip: Stay close to the Lobby if you can so you dont have to rely on buggies and tuk tuks to ferry you around (trust me it is built into a steep hill and after a relaxing meal, you wont want to be walking back up them, especially in the dark!!)
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bj32
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Have just returned from an amazing holiday in Phuket and I can thank the resort for this. Although a little far away from the main tourist areas we choose this resort for that exact reason. The 3 restaurants were a treat especially Prego my fav. To travel to Patong is a cheap taxi ride away. We also found a wonderful place for cheap massages in Phuket Town called Kims right opposite Robinsons Department Store as the resorts spa is a little expensive.The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The resort is on a hillside with beautiful views and Golf Carts are available at all times to take you anywhere you'd like to go in the resort. Can't wait to go back I've told all my friends this is the place to stay.

2  Thank Donnah1963
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Our family stayed here in July for a week. The resort is beautifully kept and secluded. The check in process was friendly. The resort is set on the the cliff side so the hills have plenty of bank! They have carts and TUK TUKS that will take you to your room or around the property to different locations. Sometimes you have to wait a while but overall it worked. I would not recommend this hotel for elderly or handicapped. The resort pretty much has you on the property and a day here can get pricey! The hotel will get a common taxi for you for I think 700 or 800 baht (it is based on where you want to go, standard). If you are spending a day out I would recommend that you go to the closest point and then get a metered taxi for the rest of the adventure. A metered taxi back to the resort will be half the price you paid to leave. The rooms were spacious with amazing views of the water. We stayed in a pool villa the first two nights and then were moved to a double bedroom (one of the issues). The pool villa was nicer but had a strong smell of sitting water, not quite mold. When we took a shower we realized why, the water would rush out the bottom of the glass door. Our sink had a slow drain to it as well. We advised the front desk and they said they fixed it but by the time we were moved the problem still existed. The personal pool was a nice touch but is easy to see your neighbor. I would recommend this room if you have two others and want a separate room for each to sleep Room service and the maids were pretty shotty. We never had a replacement for coffee and had to call down every morning. The cleaning was basically a once over with no fresh towels on two occassions. Now after all that my daughter who is 15 and counts her money religously was missing $75 us dollars one day. We called security and they acted as if they would investigate, took pictures, and get right back to us. We had to chek on the day we left (24 hours later) and we were told they interviewed the maid and she denied any involvement. Note, it would have been locked up in the safe with our stuff however it simpy slipped my mind. Overall the resort is amazing and I would go back. The pools were to die for and the food at the restaurants and themes were nice. I would suggest that you make sure anything valuable is locked up since the resort offered to do nothing if your stuff walks off. I would like to say that the fitness instructor did assist my wife with her sunglasses that she lost at the pool and did not realize till the next morning. I can't recall his name but he made it a mission to find them and then fins us at the poolside the next day. The front desk and security were no help but if you make a friend things seem to happen! The old saying "it's not what you know but who you know". On a last note you can definatley here people walking above you! If you are able to I would get a top floor if you enjoy your rest.

Room tip: Stay on third level or top floor in the villas. With the tiled floor you here your neighbors above you walking around quite a bit at all hours.
Date of stay: July 2011