“good food and live music”

Tantawan Restuarant
Ranked #446 of 845 Restaurants in Phuket Town
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Traditional Thai and international cuisine serves daily international breakfast buffet and all-day dining menu with Thai specialties. Nightly display of fresh seafood and complimentary jumbo salad bar. Entertainment with live music.
Reviewed January 1, 2013

we ate here on our 2nd night after eating at a very fancy one on our 1st. We liked it very much. Fish and sea food all fresh and came to our table with an order so we could enjoy the music and our time slowly.This is how it need to be. Other places on the road (we tried another famous one later) had terrible service in plastic plates and brought everything to table at once. Tantawan has a nice staff,good ambiance,good-fresh sea food. I'd go there again if I had more time.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Of countless seafood restaurants in Patong Beach, my husband and I noticed that this was one of the only ones where they did not have a person out front pandering for business. We took this as a good sign and went in for dinner and we were NOT disappointed!

We ordered one of the whole Phuket lobsters and 4 of the tiger prawns. Our host was very helpful at helping us select our meal and pricing was very reasonable, especially for the area (right across the street from the beach). We asked our host his favorite way to eat the lobster and prawns and took all of his advice (grilled lobster and prawns thai-style!).

The food was delicious, the service impeccable, the live music laid back and enjoyable, and the wine was flowing. It was a great way to spend our last night in Phuket. I highly recommend!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went to Tantawan one time. Enjoyed outdoor setting right opposite Patong beach. Had calamari with deep fried cheese & dried fruit for entree. Unusual combo. for me but it was very tasty. Main was surf'n'turf-- steak with an extremely large prawn to enjoy. Steak was tasty & well cooked. very enjoyable meal.
Also had a live 2 piece band which was a nice extra. All in all a really nice evening with family & friends. Service was very good. Thanks Tantawan.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went there 3x... Even though the place was nice and the food servings were reasonable, I could not recall much due to the bad food poisoning I had on all 3 occasions... However, pricing was ok and the location was great for people watching and chilling... I like their live band especially the male singer who really made an effort to interact with the crowd...

I would have given this place 4 stars if not for the food poisoning I got for all the 3x I was there... I may not be allergic to seafood but I could not explain why I experienced such when those who went with me had no bad reaction whatsoever... Maybe its just me... Would not mind coming back here, for fruit juices maybe but not food...

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Quite good to eat here and drinks not too bad and you can people watch :)