“reasonable and comfortable”

Phuket Center Apartment
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I stayed here for 5 weeks while studying for a CELTA at ECC. For me, the location was very convenient, although it is expensive if you want to take a tuk tuk to any of the beaches. The room was clean, and quite big - I had a bay window facing the street. The bed is big enough for 4 people! Free wifi is included but you have to log in every time. There are two lovely restaurants on the road, one is Le Cafe - excellent Thai food, lots of vegetarian options. Definitely worth a visit. The other is an Italian restaurant that does amazing pizza and pasta dishes. The lasagne isn't great because it is premade I think, but the rest is very good Italian food!
From here you can walk around Old Town and visit the food markets just past Fountain Circle. The weekend market is a must-visit but you will need to take a tuk tuk which is about 200 baht each way. There are a few bars within walking distance as well. The staff are warm and friendly and speak English okay, but there is definitely a language barrier. They will do their best to help though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front if possible - the bay window means you get a huge room without paying mo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AjarnHayley

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed here one night as my flight did not sync with the phi phi island ferry. Room was clean with free wifi Lil kitchenette and cable tv. Location in back blocks of Phuket town where its quiet there's nothing except businesses and no night life. The stag were uninterested but what do u expect for $45 a night? It served a purpose so was fine for me.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Came to Phuket Island with limited expectations as I was diverted from staying 25 days in Bangkok due to flooding. This is not my idea of a holiday destination..This hotel greeted us warmly and where nothing but hospitable and obliging to any requests during our time here. The rates for our VERY large suite were extremely reasonable and only 30 AUD cents bus ride from beaches and surrounding towns..its very quiet here in Old Phuket town compared to Patong etc, but managed to find a great dentists and get some work done while I was here and partner got LASIK eye surgery for $6000 less than in AUS at the great Bangkok Phuket Hospital a short 10 cent bus ride away. Food rates for room service very reasonable, in fact excellent. and the small supermarket and restaurants next door did not take advantage, best price on the island and about 1/4 the price of food in Patong and excellent quality. The staff cleaned the room to a high standard, has full time security guard and security entrance. Kitchenette was a microwave with plates, forks spoons fridge/freezer so we had to by bowls and a knife, no biggy...would highly recommend for anyone coming to Phuket if you want away from the madness of the resort towns. Not for someone looking for night life..and the bus from PAtong to Phuket Town stop at 5 pm...after that its a 20 AUD taxi if your lucky and find an honest driver..once your caught you are at their mercy.

Room Tip: Suite over supermarket offers plenty of room and are quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mayhemdiva
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I was so lucky to find this place while stydying for month in Phuket. Great loaction in Phuket Town. Large size apartments with large windows. Weekly maid service if you pay a montlhy rate. This is not near the beach! If you have business in Phuket Town, PCA is the place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2011

After a late night arrival from Chiang Mai, we arrived to unfriendly staff, not even an offer of help with our bags. A previous review cited accessibility to the ferry and I wasn't expecting a lot for the price, but the photos are misleading and honestly the outside is the best part of the place. Cleanliness is questionable at best. I felt uncomfortable and unwelcome in this hotel. And extremely thankful we were leaving for Koh Phi Phi the next morning!

Room Tip: Nice little Thai coffee shop across the street was a blessing
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I lived at Phuket Center Apartment for one year and always paid my rent on time, never created troubles or made lavish requests, and from day one I was always treated rudely. The front desk staff have no people skills, and treat you like you are a nuisance and don't like to smile. How I got scammed: I left in August 2010 for a trip to Vietnam and decided I would return to live at PCA (because it is central) so I would leave my 8500baht deposit with the front desk in their safe. On my return I began paying my rent as per usual and always knew my deposit was in the safe. I even had my receipt showing I paid my rent when I returned to Thailand from my trip. HOWEVER, when I finally left PCA in April 2011 they told me I had no deposit anymore? That I NEVER paid my rent and they used my deposit to pay it and gave me a receipt saying I paid? WHAT? After numerous calls to the owner himself, and talks with the manager NO ONE thought this was ABSURD except for me and all my western friends. IF this was the case, why didn't anyone inform me? BUT why would a large hotel use a guest’s deposit? What if I damaged the room, what money would they have to repair the damages? This does not make sense. I later found out this happened before to another westerner long term guest. THIS was unacceptable and I felt so defeated by this scam and never again will I ever trust people with my deposit. But I figured I had lived there for awhile and these ladies could be trusted. I was wrong. The worst thing is after even crying from being so frustrated by this situation, the front desk just talked amongst themselves in Thai and kept looking at me like I was bothering them? There was no compassion and no understanding that I just got stolen from me BY THEM 8500baht? I would never recommend staying here to anyone since you too might be scammed or treated like a nuisance by the incompetent, sneaky, unfriendly, disrespectful, unprofessional front desk staff.

Room Tip: Go to Thalang Road for better rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelingSue22
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Ideal stop over en route to phi phi islands! Great location for amenities and very easy to find! Phuket old town is an interesting place and with a lonely planet guide on Phuket you can find some brilliant places to eat and drink! Great value for money!

• Stayed: April 2011