“Great day out of the Phuket craziness!”
Review of Amazing Bike Tours

Amazing Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Bike and Road Bike Tours in the Kingdom of Thailand. From half day family rides in Phuket to ten day Epic road bike tours across the country. Multi day mountain bike tours include a variety of activities such as kayaking, Hiking and wildlife spotting trips. Many guests on the multi day bike tours joke it is really a food tour of Thailand with cycling in between all the great cuisine.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was an excellent, professional tour of the Phuket countryside. I did the one day tour. The guide was excellent and spoke great English, the bikes were in great condition and the snacks along the way were delicious. Stopping at the gibbon conservation center added a nice eco-conscious touch as well. Everyone on my trip seemed to be very pleased with the service! The course was mainly flat - not an intense workout for serious cyclists - but comfortable for all ages and skill levels. We alternated paved and forest roads, stopping past different plantations. Definitely a great alternative for those wanting peace and quiet!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Easy to book, a great bargain, and a spectacular ride! Everything from the transportation to and from the dock, the ride overview, the route selection and mix of on and off-road terrain to the placement of rest stops and refreshments and choice of lunch location were are all well timed and spot on. The scenery and people on KYN were wonderful. Guide service was top notch and able to adjust the tempo for an avid rider. My sole regret is not booking a longer ride (I picked the 30K) and being to hot at lunch to completely enjoy the fine Thai cuisine (I went for a swim on a pristine and empty beach to cool off!) Highly recommend to anyone with a minimum of bike handling skills. The highlight of my visit to Thailand.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

OK, so first the headline cost (the minus one point); Cost appears a little high, but you do get what you far for; this is the second time I've done this tour and this one is a great day.

The hotel pick up was in a nice clean air con minibus, with friendly chatty staff:
these are 'normal guys' it is *NOT* a Lycra clad Tour de France, just a leisurely bike ride day. (& mostly flat)
The bikes are measured to fit your height (&further adjustable in decent order) and you get a compulsory cycle helmet (so a bandana is a nice idea for inside the helmet). Bike includes a water bottle holder, there are plenty of stops (stop whenever you wish) and the guides carry back packs full of water. ((we also stopped at coffee/cold drinks places as well)).

> DON'T FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN CREAM!

The trip too the island is on a 'locals' long tail boat (but decked) ferry; real life here, so you get to meet and mix with locals ((including fishermen and monkeys too! if you wish)). A lovely ride across taking about an hour.
The island itself is truly gorgeous, quiet remote, tiny hamlets and not many people at all. We stopped many times for drinks, photos, and some information points - the guides tell you as much or as little as you want to know, we did a forest cut through/de tour and learnt about rubber making.
The roads are mostly flat, and mostly empty, the odd rare vehicle happily pulls over to let you pass by, often with a hello and a smile.
So many places to take scenic photographs so don't forget you camera. From Krabi archipelago to pure tropical beaches, tiny working fishing villages, every turn was a photograph.
Stopped for snacks (fresh sticky rice served in banana leaves) and regular drinks..
The final stop is a huge lunch in a small family run restaurant, big variety of many foods (thai, fish etc) all cooked fresh to order, over looking an amazing beach/sea/ distant islands panoramic view; oh and hammocks if you need a chill out...
Finally a quick down hill 3k back to catch the returning long tail ferry boat back, and then back to the hotel via the nice mini bus.
A little pricey, well maybe, but then this is well organised, and a thoroughly great day out, so maybe not. You get what you pay for, and this was personal, flexible and great happy staff, and above all Relaxed.
I WOULD recommend.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I recently done two of Amazing Bike Tours Day trips and loved both of them (Koh Yao Noi island
and Thai Muang Turtles and Waterfalls). Great planning and perfect days on their part. We did not go thirsty and we were well feed with fresh watermelon, pineapple and delicious sticky rice for some mid morning bike fuel!

James, Tan and the rest of the crew are really professional and fun to bike with. They picked me up on time and didn't have to worry about anything except to peddle and steer my bike.

The places we stopped for lunch both days were really good Thai food and they catered to my vegetarian request. I really loved the place where we stopped on the Island - so pretty and you must sit out on the deck over the water!

I also rented a bike from Amazing Bike tours for the two weeks that I was here and it was very handy! No need to rent a motor bike - get your legs working for you!

Would sign up for another tour when I come back to Phuket for sure. James said that they be doing a 10 day road bike trip in 2015...something that I may consider as I feel they are very competent to guide and plan your trip.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

While we had some amazing experiances in Thailand, this was most definately our most memorable - and for all the right reasons! From the start I was impressed with James and his business. Communication and the booking process was very easy and all emails were responded to promptly.

The bike ride took in some lovely sights of the 'real Thailand' - well and truly away from the crazy tourist destinations. The day was well catered, I won't say what the food is as I feel it would ruin some of the suprise element of the day. I will say that it was very pleasant and represented Thaliland well. The tour was educational also and gave us some insight into Thailand that we otherwise wouldn't have recieved.

There was plenty of water available and even electrolytes for those of us not used to pedalling in 36 degs. James' driver was extremely attentive - there was never a moment where your water bottle wasn't full, or you weren't being offered more food for lunch.

The ride was quite long (around 50k's), but the roads are pretty much flat and there are lots of breaks . I would encourage anyone with a reasonable amount of fitness to do this tour. It is not difficult and there isn't anything technical about it. However it was bloody hot and you will want to have a swim in the waterfall at the end!

If you want to experiance what Thailand really has to offer, do this tour. I loved waving to the happy locals and being a part of their country - even if it was only for a few hours.