“Good tour - could use more info”
Review of Amazing Bike Tours

Amazing Bike Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$105.29*
and up
Yao Noi Island bicycle tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Bike and Road Bike Tours in the Kingdom of Thailand. From half day family rides in Phuket to ten day Epic road bike tours across the country. Multi day mountain bike tours include a variety of activities such as kayaking, Hiking and wildlife spotting trips. Many guests on the multi day bike tours joke it is really a food tour of Thailand with cycling in between all the great cuisine.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was the 3rd bike tour I went on while visiting Thailand. The first was in Bangkok and the second in Ayutthaya. The first two tours were given by local Thai people. This tour of Koh Yao Noi was given by both a local Thai person and James who runs/owns ABT. The tour was very organized and professional. A couple of bikes had mechanical issues that were resolved immediately. The meal we had for lunch was amazing - best of the three tours.

The big difference was what I left with at the end of the day. I love to learn about the culture of the country I'm visiting and I didn't feel like there was enough of that on this tour compared to the other two. We learned about the rubber tree farms and that was interesting. We went to the rice patty fields that were already dry for the season. It was basically just a big field of dry grass and nothing was said about it. I'm sure if it was harvest time, it would have been much more interesting. We stopped for coconut water from coconuts. That's cool, but that is on every street corner in Thailand. We were shown a cashew nut tree. The island we were on has three industries - rubber, rice and fishing, so I don't know how much info can be given.

1  Thank Nick S

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We did the Half Day Countryside Tour in Phuket. It was a great! We actually had our own private tour that day as no one else had signed up. As a result, James, the owner, arranged for the driver to pick us up even though we were staying outside of the normal pick up range - really appreciated this extra service! Mano, our guide, was friendly, fun and well-informed. There were plenty of snacks and lots of water to keep our energy levels high throughout. I would definitely consider doing another - longer - tour with Amazing Bike Tours. Very well run operation. Thank you also for the photos, which were shared promptly through Drop Box.

1  Thank KPT116
Reviewed January 24, 2013

All I can say is, this is an 'Amazing Bike Tour'! It definitely lived up to its title. From being picked up at our hotel, it was a fantastic day! The tour guides were friendly, professional and treated everyone with the care and attention they needed to have a successful bike experience. The bikes were all ready, checked and in top condition. We were supplied with safety helmets, water (which was given throughout the day), great snacks, great information about each place we visited, (loved the rubber plantations and the gibbon rehabilitation centre). It was a fun, relaxed way to see the island and I credit this to Mani and the other guides. Don't miss this if you visit Phuket! This trip is suitable for all ages, and abilities! And, as a bonus, we received by email, all the fantastic photos that Mani took from everyone throughout the day. Thanks for a memorable day!

1  Thank Tracey K
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Found this trip on google and decided to give it a go, to break up all the island trips. This ended up being the best tour we completed by far. We did the Turtles and Waterfall day tour and loved every minute of it.

The rde itself was quite easy, and is suitable to all abilities, there was also the option to push ahead for those a little fitter, or stay close to the guide towards the back. There was only one real off rod component on this tour, so if you're after a challengng mountain bike, you might want to pick another tour on offer by the company. I ride a lot, and found the scenery itself makes up for any lack of hard riding.

Our guide was excellent, a local who I embarrassingly fogot his name. He had good english and answered all th questions we had for him. He also takes plenty of photos so you can enjoy the ride and the scenery rather that stopping to take photos.

The food also was the best i ate while in phuket, they have held back on the chilli to accomodate everyone, but it was still lovely food. And the good thai feed, plus the snacks and provided water and sports drinks will get you through the ride. - EAT THE STICKY RICE

1  Thank Ren864
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy the bike ride nice people nice guide nice road and trail great fall,really good food what a wonderful day I had, I strongly recommend it.

1  Thank kawish1659