“Had Fun”

$105.29*
and up
Yao Noi Island bicycle tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Bike and Road Bike Tours in the Kingdom of Thailand. From half day family rides in Phuket to ten day Epic road bike tours across the country. Multi day mountain bike tours include a variety of activities such as kayaking, Hiking and wildlife spotting trips. Many guests on the multi day bike tours joke it is really a food tour of Thailand with cycling in between all the great cuisine.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I wanted to do some sight seeing on a bike. This is a great way to see the country. I'm 57 and do a bit of bike riding at home. There were four of us. The ride through the sandy track was tough but doable. Morning tea was on a Jetty and the sticky rice treats delicious. We continued on the road past rubber tree plantations. As we travelled through Thai Muang town the Chinese temple was setting off fireworks. Lunch was plentyfull and delicious. The terain wasn't too hilly but I did need to get off my bike twice to go up a hill. At the end when we got to the waterfall I was very happy to see plenty of water and a lovely tranquil site. Tan and his driver were very good. The bikes were clean. The gears on my bike need a little maintenance but generally was in good condition. If you are a little bit fit you could do this ride. (I was please to reach the waterfall). If I had more time I would have also done the Koh Yao Noi trip.

1  Thank pam I

Reviewed October 25, 2012

After doing a half day tour Easter 2012 which we loved, we wanted to do a 3 dayer to get out amongst local people and see a bit of REAL Thailand. Like last time, this was wonderful, and we are going to book another tour (Khao Sok, 3 dayer) shortly. When I paid the money for this (via internet, at home) it seemed a lot of money for a Thailand experience. Having just done this (21-23 October), it now seems like great value for money and we wonder how they do it for the price. Apart from the biking, we also spent two nights in a simple, basic, but spotlessly clean hotel, had all meals (and our guide Manop ordered different things for us all the time so we could try new things), and had many snacks and taste experiences along the way - whenever we passed a roadside stall Manop bought fruit or sticky rice varieties if he thought we hadn't had them before. Every meal was wonderful, all at local eateries, not the big and fancy Western thing, but clean, fresh, local. The biking is not full on, hour after hour. Basically, you bike to get from A to B, not just bike without purpose. My husband, who is a fit gym junkie 60, and myself (59, overweight but reasonably fit), both biked at our own levels. Bob and Manop were quicker up hills that I was, but it wasnt intimidating at all. Once Manop realised that I would get there just fine, just slower, him and Bob enjoyed the challenge between themselves of how fast they could get up a hill etc. My challenge was with myself and they waited for me further on, at my request. That said, the hills are not all that frequent, and for much of the time you meander through rural villages and countryside. Value for money again - we went on eight, yes eight, journeys on long boats to various islands. We drunk coconuts in the middle of rice paddies.
We had numerous beach swims and Bob went snorkeling. We had James and Manop as our guides for the half dayer we did, and this time we had Manop by himself, and he couldnt have been better. We had lots of free time to do what we wanted to by ourselves - we went to markets 5km up the road on our own, after our biking had officially ended for the day, and went exploring and swimming - Manop just asked us to meet ready to go for dinner at 7pm. From pick up to drop off, everything was professionally run. The bikes worked perfectly, no break downs. I cant think of a single negative, and we will be back to do all the tours on offer, over time. If you want to get off the main superficial tourist route and see local stuff, go on DO IT!! As frequent travellers, who are used to things (especially in Asia) being a bit half baked at best, or a total rip off at worst - this was by far one of the best things we have done.

1  Thank womblewa
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Me and my boyfriend went on the Koh Yao Noi day tour last sunday and it was such a wonderful trip! Koh Yao Noi is a perfect island to explore on bike, almost no traffic and the terrain has a lot of variety: we biked through rubber plantations in the jungle, rice fields, by the ocean - it was a fantastic route! The guides were just wonderful and very genuine! Food was excellent as well, one the best thai meal I had during my stay here in Thailand (I have been here for two months so it was really delicious). Highly recommend it! Next time I would love to make a three day tour. I also like that the group was small, you got to know the guides and people better and it felt like a private tour.

1  Thank Ellen F
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Whilst in Phuket i stumbled upon a brochure about bike riding in thailand. As a keen Mountain Bike rider I had to give it a go.

I did the Turtle and Waterfall full day ride. From the minute I hopped in the bus I was offered drinks. James and Tan were exceptional. They showed a genuine interest in making sure I enjoyed my day. I was fortunate to meet some nice people as I left my family back at the resort for the day.

Tan has a great sense of humour and I thoroughly enjoyed riding with him. The scenery along the way is stunning. Rubber plantations, long stretches of beautiful coastline and beautiful villages with the sounds of children saying hello along the way made for a wonderful experience.

Just a tip. If you like riding fast, be aware you may get some slow riders in your group as I did. Although this didn't spoil my day.

Thanks James and Tan. I look forward to coming back to Thailand and riding with you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My family and I experienced Amzaing Bike Tours Thailand last week in Thailand. We had a wonderful experience with the tour company, right from the pick up point, through the whole day of bike riding around an island and then transfers back to the hotel. I would recommend this tour company to anyone that wants to get a personal, informative and friendly look at live on an island for Thai communities. I was a great day out and one my family and I will remember forever, well worth doing, the tour company is very professional and we felt safe and in good experienced hands, highly recommended!!!