“Good”

I Pavilion Phuket Hotel
Ranked #58 of 88 Hotels in Phuket Town

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Thai first
Milan
Reviewed January 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel only one night, as we the ferry for Phi Phi Island was leaving the following morning. At the airport we got a package including accommodation + transfer to the port, and that was the hotel we were given. The room was very large and the bathroom big enough but a bit dark. The view was terrible, we were just in front of another building and could see through its windows! In general, we got the impression the building was pretty old and hadn't been renovated recently. It also lacks the facilities you'd normally expect in a hotel of this category, such as a safe box or a hairdrier. Breakfast was ok. I wouldn't define the staff as particularly nice. A good place for short stays.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Old building
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Manu1861
New York
Reviewed February 5, 2008

I stayed at the Phuket Island Pavillion only because I was kicked out of my other hotel because of the Chines New Year and there were NO HOTELS AVAILABLE. Let me just say my review is comparing the hotel that I previously stayed in which was cheaper. For the $$ the hotel was below average especially because across the street is the Phuket Merlin and that hotel is 100 times better for cheaper. Yes I paid $50 and you do get what you pay for, maybe I was just lucky before.
The hotel looks great from the outside and even the lobby looks good but once you get into the room it's really poor. The floors are really clean however the chair had dried blood and the bathtub was below average. The smell is gross and the chairs have stains.
The staff is very friendly and I would agree understand limited English. Thank god I only stayed for the last 2 nights of my stay in Phuket.
If you are going to stay in this area pick the Phuket Merlin Hotel.

• Liked — It was available when no other place was
  • Disliked — Unclean Bathroom and Chairs. The Smell
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jsyoung