“Great price, typical hostel experience”

Pineapple Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 162 Karon B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If I based my review merely on my room, I would have given this hostel a higher rating. My room was clean and simple. The AC was out upon arrival, but within a few hours, the management had it repaired. The staff and owner were helpful and very friendly. They can supply you with beach towels, recommendations, bottled water, a computer with internet, and passes to a nearby resort pool. It is conveniently located within walking distance of the beach, too. My room was on the back of the house, so the street noise was at a minimum. However, construction was going on during the day outside my window, which didn't bother me at all. My friends' room was also clean and decorated very thoughtfully. The downside is that they had more street noise and their bathroom smelled of sewage, causing their entire room to stink terribly. Management attempted to remedy the problem, but eventually the owner said that this is just the way places smell in Asia. The hostel has a variety of rooms/dorms to choose from, a restaurant, and a well-priced laundry service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Liam Doyle: I had a king room en-suite, TV, Air Com. less than a 1000 baht. The location is perfect in the centre yet seculeded. When I travel food is important your breakfast is your day. Well Pineapple Breakfast is the best Breakfast in Phuket. For 180baht the smiling JAEB will serve you Full English orange juice 2 eggs bacon sausage baked beans toast for 180baht.
And oh yes the best mug of hot English Tea, yes I said mug, no little cups here. Lunch 15 choices. Steve a laid back Londoner, and his partner Lek just bring you into there zone its relaxing. With the added benifet of perfect English if you need it. Backed up by Saai who is always smiling and ready to help. You just chill, in this secure zone. Its my second time,
In Pineapple. If I ever return to Thai, I know where I am going, even off season, sure why not.

Room Tip: The King Room I was in 115.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank liam d
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The English owner of the guesthouse is very friendly and helped me to find a cheap (and reliable) GP! Nice vibe at the hostel and reasonably priced food - I believe they have 'British' tea and brown sauce if you're missing home comforts.

We negotiated on price, in comparison to website prices, and got a very good deal. I believe the guesthouse also offers an airport pick up service...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at Pineapple for 5 days during my winter break to Thailand. What makes Pineapple such an amazing place is the staff. They are super friendly and so helpful. I had some trouble with transportation due to the busy time of year, and they went out of their way to help me. I left Pineapple twice and wandered back after each time. It almost became my home base, because I knew I would get honest and helpful service there. I stayed in the dorm rooms, which are basic, but more then adequate for the price. Nearly each bed has it's own fan (at least if you get a bottom bunk) and I never was hot during the night. The rooms are cleaned everyday. And they offer lots of beach gear that you can borrow for free/low cost. Karon beach is only a short walk away! Maybe a little over 5 minutes on foot, if you are a slow walker like me. Lot's of bars and restaurants nearby. If I ever get the chance to return to Karon, I would return to Pineapple. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank thegreatpumpkin
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was one of the best places we stayed during our trip to Thailand. Steve and his staff were very helpful and made you feel welcome. The rooms were great quality for the price and we also enjoyed the free internet kiosk they had. While I was in Karon, I wrecked on a motorbike and got pretty banged up. Steve drove me to the clinic and waited for me until the doctor was finished cleaning my wounds. What impressive service!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BoiseDave
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Fantastic place, first arrived into Thailand from Australia and met a friend here, fantastic patio area outside where we were able to have a group of us all hanging out drinking and socializing, they have beer, juices and home cooked food available. and rooms were perfect.

No lock out times, and staff were beyond helpful, organizing taxi's and airport pick-ups / transfers, came to stay for a further 6 days after having traveled about thailand for a month, Steve (owner) immediately remembered us, and emailed us when we booked, which was a nice touch.

Would recommend and stay again,

Great value for money, beach 3 minutes away, as are restaurants, bars, shops and ATM's ,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We spent 6 nights in this property and I dare to say we had an amazing time!!!!!!The owner and hostel staff are very friendly and helpful. Also other guest were mostly young so the atmosphere was just great. Rooms were nice and cleaned every day. We felt comfortable the whole time we spent here. We stayed in an AC room and it was just perfect, our fridge was even refilled with drinking water every day.. Wi-fi is free for the guest and for those who do not have smartphones there was a computer in the lobby room.
The guesthouse is situated at the beginning of Karon beach (near kata beach) so if you want to visit Kata beach it is really not that far away, even for the lazy ones :) Hostel is very close to the beach - cca 3 minutes and there are supermarkets, ATM, banks, restaurants, bars, etc. in the closest neighbourhood. Everything you need!!
We really really had an amazing time!!!
Regaaaards :)

Room Tip: we stayed at AC room, but honestly I don´t think we really needed the AC, because then we were cold...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends