“Honey Moon Hotel”

Ranked #100 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Honey Moon Hotel”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Located 5 minutes using motorbike from Patong, great location, nice bathroom, nice bed, and nice view.
If you want to have ocean view, make sure you booked it first. Due only 6 or 8 rooms with ocean view.
Nice breakfast view, to ocean and Big Budha in the mountain.
We rent a motorbike to travel around Phuket, but if you have fund, u can choose tuk tuk. Better than tuk tuk we can rent a car, with driver and gas, it's cost 500 bath for 6 hours.
We have great time when we are there

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank VictorDragono

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The hotel is totally isolated, appears worn out. Even ocean view was plaid for the sea Could only be seen in small glimps.
The room was Nice and clean, but the terasse associated too small to be useable. No beach and you have to have a transport to go anywhere. The staff appeared in contrast what normally are seen in Thailand, unfriendly and a bit rude.
We have booked for 4 days and trie to cancel imidiately upon arrival in vain. Left after one Night.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank JorgenG2900

Travelers are raving about these Karon hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while waiting to move to the hotel I wanted to stay at in Karon (was fully booked when I arrive, so had to wait for a few days)... The resort is at the top of the cliff right between Karon and Patong, with sweeping views of Karon and the sea. Either from your balcony or from the horizon pool you can enjoy the beautiful south seas sunset... Notice I don't mention the standard 'while sipping a cocktail'? That's because to get a cocktail in the pool bar, you actually need to run up to the reception or the restaurant to get someone to come and attend the pool bar. About 20mins later someone will stroll down to take your order, 30mins later (if you're lucky and the guy knows how to make the cocktail you ordered), you will get the cocktail.
Same service quality from the porter - had to wait for 20 mins at the receiption for a porter to come to collect me and my luggage and take to the room. The resort is built on a steep hill and if you're unlucky to get one of the lower rooms... well, you're in for quite an exercise getting up to the pool, restaurant and hotel front. Actually, when I was leaving no one came to collect my luggage at all, so I had to walk up with quite a heavy bag.
The room was actually nice, clean, fresh linen, huge bathroom with marble floors and awesome balcony to enjoy the sunset. Only downside was that the bed was hard as a rock, and after asking to be moved to another room or get a softer mattress (I have a back condition), they told me the resort only has one type of mattresses. I stuggled to sleep a bit, but it was only 2 nights, so I didn't pursue it further.
Breakfast was included in my stay, which is pretty much the norm in Phuket. Please see my Restaurant review for my 'culinary' experience at Secret Cliff.
Overall, the location of the hotel isn't great - not a walking distance to either Karon or Patong, so only works if you have a scooter, cos tuk-tuks don't seem to stop here. It's an ok budget hotel, but only if you're planning to sit on your balcony or in the pool at the resort. For the value, location and budget, I would recommend Sunset Beach Resort & Spa in north Patong - lot closer to the 'action' and better value, food quality and service.

Room Tip: Best to request a room closer to the top - better sea views too. But it seems they don't really...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeisre
New Delhi
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I booked this hotel online after seeing the pictures on their website and paid extra for an ocean view room. When we checked in to our room, we found a huge tree blocking the view from our room. When asked for a different room, we were told that there were no other rooms available due to the holiday season.

Anyways, later that night the air-conditioning in the room stopped working and Phuket can get really HOT even during December. The next morning i made 2 calls to the reception but no-one came to check the AC. I had to walk to the reception and then they sent a janitor to take a look at it. His idea of a resolution for the problem was to let the AC run the entire day even while we were away. We tried and it did not work. When i asked for a different room, the staff told me that they have another room which is for backpackers and does not have the amenities of my room. When asked if they will adjust the 1000 TBH that i had paid extra for my room in my bill, they denied. Later when i agreed to shift to the room, i was told it has been occupied. So i ended up staying 5 days without any air conditioning in my room.

I had also asked for a motorcycle on my arrival which they were able to arrange on the next evening only. I have faced the language barrier in other hotels, but here the staff just does not want to try to help you. The room service was expensive and the pool is really small(Apparently, it was the only thing that appeared as it was in the pictures). Since the resort is built on a cliff, accessibility becomes an issue at times.

The positives were:

Excellent Breakfast with a great view from the restaurant.... Thats it!!!

Room Tip: Dont pay extra for ocean view
2 Thank Discoverer00
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Bare concrete floor, bare concrete walls, non functioning toilet, non locking door and an air condition that worked part of the time. The staff made zero effort to fix any problem or work with us in any way. I have traveled the world and stayed at the best and the almost worst hotels. However this hotel was the number 1 worst hotel in the world. STAY AWAY!

5 Thank davesky737
Reviewed January 17, 2012

nice and helpful staff
clean and spacious room with swimming towel, basket and thongs already prepared in your room
brekky was good
althought it says it is in karon but it is actually half way between patong and karon, to go to each town it cost about 200-300 baht by taxi or tutu
so location wise not the most convenient
however, still really liked the serenity and clean-ness of this hotel
it also has a lobby room with 3computers which have fast internet access
wi-fi doesnt really work though

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Wife and I stayed 3 nights in December 2011. We stayed in a "superior ocean view"
What you should know about this resort is it is split in to two parts.

One part is on the ocean side of the road which has nice gardens, the pool, the restaurants and older but better finished rooms. (this is where the nice looking room photos come from) Some friends of ours stayed on this side and whilst their rooms looked much nicer (just like the photos), one of them found that their air con didn’t work very well and none of them ever got wifi to work in their room.

We stayed in the other part which is on the other side of the road. Over there the rooms are newer but a bit more basic. Think bare concrete floors, one little room for an ensuite with a shower head sticking off the wall in a corner. They still have ocean views (say 50% ocean, 50% roof, powerline road and tree) Also on this side of the road there is a boxing gym. Expect the noise from their training to start at about 08:00 every morning. I think a lot of the people staying on our side of the road were boxers training daily there, so if you are in to that, this is perfect for you. Although our room didn’t look as nice as the ones on the other side of the road, it was clean, comfortable, the air con worked very well and we also had no problems with the free (albeit UNSECURED) wifi in the room.

Only complaints: safety box was not bolted down making it pointless and going anywhere (breakfast, Patong, the pool etc) involved crossing the road which was insanely busy at times and then walking through their smelly rubbish storage area.

Note tuk tuk or taxi rides in to patong are usually a flat 300 baht fee. We had one taxi for 200 baht but the driver kept trying to get us to go to a ping pong show. He then took us to a restaurant on the beach (after we had asked to go to a different one) Obviously he was collecting commission to subsidise the journey.

I ticked not on the beach as there is no beach there but you can actually walk down to the ocean via some steps / rocks. No beach there though, just rocks.

Lastly the staff here were nice and friendly during our stay.

Room Tip: Cheaper newer more basic rooms on the hill side of the road. Wifi works there. Older nicer lookin...
2 Thank Jim_McF