“More Than Just an Oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Karon
Oasis Guesthouse & Bar
Ranked #10 of 157 Karon B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We have been to Thailand 5 times now and are shortly arriving for our 6th time and are a little disappointed that we did not meet Paul and Gail sooner.

Although we did not stay at the guesthouse we did eat and drink there daily due to its chilled out atmosphere and the friendly staff.

Both Paul and Gail made our holiday even better than normal by going out of their way on several occasions just because they do...

They even organised a frozen ice cream cake for my birthday which would have otherwise been replaced by a 7-11 twinkie!

My wife had endured a medical procedure and was in need of constant care and me being a live wire party animal, needed some care also... ;)

The staff behind the bar ensured our every need was taken care of from drinks and food to local knowledge and bookings.

I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anybody and can assure you that I will definately be parking my buttocks on an Oasis stool again this September for my 40th

good onya Guys and keep up the good work!

Justin and Lin from Oz

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 10, 2010

Well I can't comment on the specifics of this guesthouse as we never got to see the room. Upon arriving after a long bus ride, our booked (and confirmed via email) room had been given to someone else who wanted to stay longer than we. Obviously much better financially for them to give the room to them instead of us. We weren't told of this until we tried to check in, far too late in the day to find other accommodation.

They thought it would be fine if they organised for us to be put up in another guesthouse across the street, a dodgy little joint with a single bed. Too late in the day to find elsewhere, we stayed there until the sun came up and left as soon as we could.

I hardly ever write bad reviews, and I'm sure the Travellers Rest is nice... But the service we received that day was appalling. I wont say don't go there, but maybe give them a call the day before you arrive and tell them not to give your pre-booked and confirmed room to someone with a bigger wallet.

Make up your own mind.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank reid82
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I stayed here because my normal guesthouse was full. I chose the Travellers mainly because of its location, which is central in Karon, and close to all local amenities. I was very impressed with the size and upkeep of the rooms. The bar is an excellent place to unwind, and people watch. The food is excellently cooked by the issan cook, who occasionally does British specials, try the cottage pie if you get the chance. If you like Thai food try her Som Tam, blows your socks off! It was noticeable that some people staying in the Centara (next door), preferred to use the Travellers bar. On site laundry provides excellent service and value.

Well done Paul & Gail, and I hope to see you again next year.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SH3Mac
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I have stayed at the Travellers Rest 3 times now this year and the service,standard and hospitality has always been second to none.From the first time i arrived in Phuket and spoke to Gail who with her brother Paul runs the Travellers Rest i knew i was among friends i had never been to Thailand before and her help and advice made my first visit very enjoyable.The rooms are spacious with a large toilet/shower a basket in every room for the next day laundry downstairs the bar is well stocked and the chef will cook a good Thai or English meal from 09.30 till 2300 and like his sister Paul will sit and listen and advice you to make your stay enjoyable. Dave Brown Northampton

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Dave B
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Stayed for 6 weeks Feb/March Gail and Paul great hosts nothing too much bother. rooms fantastic, recommened , hair dryers, tea making ect all available..even to leaving laundry in basket in room being picked up and ready some times the same day. only short distance to beach and plenty of restaurants on hand , hopefully will return again next year

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ReadingBerksPatsy
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Just returned home today and this has to be a priority .........As a single guy travelling alone with a head full of baggage related issues , feeling alone what was i going to find?
When Paul picked me up from the airport and as we drove towards The Travellers Rest , he gave me an insight into a few things , and some local knowledge . On arriving i met Gail and was shown to my spacious , clean , welcoming room .....I was introduced to a few people who were staying there and immediately was made to feel at HOME...There are many people who have returned , time and time again and over the years have become friends with Paul&Gail and with the super staff who work there ....The staff exude beaming smiles and a genuine , affectionate rapport with Paul&Gail...I could waffle on about these simple things , but will summarize with the following.....I was choked to say goodbye......but i know it will only be .....see you later guys.....When Paul dropped me at the airport , on the way he said the following....." Well you know you have friends in Gail and i and we hope to see you again soon........And they will..!!!......I was touched beyond anything, anywhere in the world ........Paul&Gail .....Thanks for being my friends and well done for getting things so, so right!!........Untill we meet again .....Andy xx

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank ADH
Reviewed April 10, 2009

This guesthouse is run by brother and sister Paul and Gail, a lovely couple who will do everything to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. We were picked up at the airport by Paul who was there even though we arrived 20 mins early. Rooms are a good size, well equipped, air con, tea and coffee facilities, fridge etc.. Cleaned daily to a high standard. Other things on site, Laundry service, Motorbike hire, travel desk. Bar staff are all pleasent, nice food, generally an all round good atmosphere. The guesthouse is located in the centre of Karon close to all the bars and restaurants, however we found you are not disturbed by any of this in the rooms. Karon has a fantastic beach which is only a five minute walk away, maybe not even that long. On our 3 week trip to Thailand we stayed with Paul and Gail for 12 nights then moved to Krabi, originally planning to stay 6 nights, however after 2 nights we decided we enjoyed Karon far more, so we phoned Paul and even though he was fully booked, he said come back to the bar and we will find you a room some where close by , as it happens 1 room had become free so we stayed another 4 nights with them. There are a number of guests there that stay for months at a time due to its position, price and quality. When we return we will definitely stop there again.
Thanks for a great stay, thanks for all your help. Steve & Jenny see you again

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple