“Rude staff”

Ranked #5 of 108 Specialty Lodging in Karon
kaikoura
“Rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Poor service at night, but I recommend it for breakfast. The food is very cheap and delicious, fast service as well.I really didnt like the team at night, rude.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroleiau C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

been 11 times in 3 years ideal place to stay nice & clean lovely rooms.the staff are 1st class the food lovely the pool so nice. everyone has a smile on there face so near the beach & kata as well cannot wait to go back

Room Tip: book early i like 1st floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Paul G
Elanora, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We spent 11 nights at Kata Villa from the 3rd April through to the 14th April 2012 and enjoyed every moment of our stay.

The rooms are rather large, the top floor has private balconies with some views of the ocean. The ground floor rooms are more suitable if traveling with kids.
The bathrooms are large with a constant supply of hot water that you can adjust to suit.
The bed was comfortable and possibly one of the more comfortable beds we have slept in throughout Thailand.

The rooms are cleaned daily and restocked with fresh bath towels. Tea and coffee making facilities, in room safe and hair dryers are supplied. Rooms are fitted with air conditioning and fan.

The pool is spotless and what a bonus not having to get up early to get a sunbed around the pool. Pool towels and beach towels are available for guests to use free of charge.

WIFI and internet access is available around the pool, restaurant and bar area and we also found that we could pick it up in our room.

The restaurant has a great selection of delicious food at very affordable prices not to mention extremely cheap drinks.

Staff were friendly and the service was excellent.

Kata Villa offers great value for money

Would we stay here again ?

Absolutely

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the road are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank JPGB
newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at Kata Villa in December 2011. I payed 1.200 baht a night which for a hotel in high season with a pool is very good value. The best thing about this place is the location which is just over the road from Karon beach and a 15 minute walk to Kata beach. The hotel and rooms are very clean with beach towels provided each day and the bar does cheap cocktails ( try the Pina Colada ). The staff were very friendly too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank dgl1979
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Ok first of all let me say that my overall experience wasn't too bad until THE LAST day I stayed here. I flew down to Phuket on a last minute trip and a friend who lives in Phuket recommended this place due to its proximity to Kata Beach. The rooms are really low grade, nothing inside and they're kinda dingy, but I wasn't familiar with Kata area and getting around Phuket is expensive so I decided not to look further. As soon as I arrived I was tired and weighed down by my bags, the staff required immediate payment for my planned 4 day stay, I didn't have the cash with me so I asked if I could put my things in the room and walk to the ATM, they refused and said I would have to pay first. I told them fine and I just paid for one night up front so I could at least secure my things so I could settle in to catch the sunset my first day there. All the rooms are the same here, and they are parallel to a side street with power lines running along it. My room was right next to a electrical transformer that was buzzing all night long. For this reason I wasn't sure if I'd stay long at this hotel...I was paying day by day. Every day of my first 3 days the hotel was at my door at 1130 to remind me checkout was at noon and I needed to pay downstairs. My last day there I was on an important phone call with my mobile phone service provider and they were trying to give me directions on how to reset my 3G since I hadn't had reliable service since arriving to Phuket. While on the phone the hotel staff came to my room 2 times in the span of 10 minutes to remind me I needed to pay for my room another night (cost was 1200baht). I tried to explain I was on an important call and I'd be down in a bit. This was not acceptable to the staff so when I went down to pay they told me that they were full. Of course this was not true and I knew it but they did not like that I didn't jump on their demands to run down and pay immediately so they refused me another night. I asked to speak with manager but they claimed they were the management at the moment. I knew the owner was a foreigner so I asked for his number which they claimed they didn't have it. I finally decided it wasn't worth my time and probably should just check out of the dump anyways so walked back to my room. While walking back to my room I saw the same staff member who told me they were full showing a room to a nice Scandinavian couple who happened to be looking for a room in the area. I said "wow, there IS a room available...amazing". The staff member walked off in a huff and left me alone with the couple. I explained to them what had happened, but explained that the staff are not all bad and the location was decent. The couple however wasn't impressed with my treatment and decided to move on to another hotel. I checked out and moved myself to a nicer hotel at Surin Beach for 2 nights (2400baht per night) where the staff were quite friendly and the hotel staff did not ask for a dime until checkout...at that time I gladly paid my tab with my debit card. Please beware that the overall attitude in Phuket in general is that you are never coming back and so they try to take every tourist for every penny they can while you're there. There is no such thing as hospitality or customer loyalty. They also don't honor any refund if you are not satisfied or decide to end the service early. I experienced this several times...even over the smallest amount of money. I wouldn't recommend Phuket as a good place to vacation unless you go with a reputable resort or you know someone with experience in the area. Or you yourself have experience there...its just too much hassle for very little paradise.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same...low quality and old.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank jjwright73
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

poor service + nice ambience= still a bad restaurant .gave my order to staff but staff didnt take down my order. Waited for 10 min but still no food appeared, instead 2 other staff came to ask if I have ordered. I said yes, but still nothing came. I was hungry and had to go to the airport soon and i told them to hurry. But still nothing came after 20 min. Then the one who took my order came and asked me to repeat my order. I couldn't wait and had to walk off. Totally spoilt my last day in Phuket .

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank JoyceL1
mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

at 700 baht a night, its a comfortable, clean room with the brightest white bathroom i've ever seen. located around a lot of restaurants so food is not a problem. across the road is karon beach, very clean and more peaceful than kata beach. the only thing about kata villa is that all the waitresses at the restaurant speak terrible english and will mess up your order everyday without fail. but that happens in other restaurants too. if you are a budget traveller this is the perfect place, but don't expect great service or any frills.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same. ground floor or first floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business