Our family (with 4 kids, ages 10,11,12,13) just spent 3 weeks in Phuket and stayed at Alpina Phuket Nalina in Kata. It's my third visit to Phuket.
It includes restaurants (one was closed due to low season), gym, spa, internet café and pool area. Building 1 is the first one (yes, really...) closest to the main building and it doesn't have any rooms with pool access and the view is not that exciting. Building 2 is right next to the pool bar and main pool. Building 3 (where we stayed) is close to the main pool, but the access pool is not used by anyone not having a room there (that happend alot in the access pool outside building 2) so if you want your privacy, but still have the closeness to the main pool - this is to recommend. Building 4 also has a access pool, but it feels way off. The resort also has 8 pool villas which we had a viewing of. The private pool there were larger than I thought, the villa had kitchen, a large living room and 2 baths and I would easily choose that accomodation if me and my husband are going back alone without the kids.
We had 3 Jazz rooms (with pool access) in building 3 and the rooms were great. Spacious, well planned, nice beds (softer (but still very hard) then other hotels in Phuket, but that's the way they are in Thailand), big shower, w-lan. The minibar is packed (which is good if you want something, not so good if you want something of your own in the fridge) and the prices are ok.
The pool access was great! Especially if you are travelling with kids although the pool is 1.40 m deep. Not a problem for us, but if you have smaller kids they wont be able to reach the bottom. It's a typical access pool maybe 4-5 m wide outside building 2,3 and 4. The main pool is 1.70 m deep except for a small part of sand beach imitation. I'm 1.74 and I would have liked it somewhat more shallow. Not by much though. My husband is 1.90 and he loved it. Oh well... There is also a kids pool and a "spa"-area with seating and water massage that's not that deep. I did however miss the pool bar where you are able to sit in the pool while having a drink that is so common in Thailand.
The rooms were cleaned with nothing to object to. A couple of lightbulbs went out and they weren't replaced. Not a big thing, but it's annoying.
The service at breakfast and the pool bar was ok, but not more. I'm spoiled by the usual impeccable service that you normally receive in Thailand, but it was nowhere near.
The hotel offer a shuttle to Kata beach (every hour) with free beach chairs and you don't even have to bring towels, they have that on the beach. This was great!!! And an extra eulogy to the guy at the beach - he should get a raise. Sweet, funny and went out of his way to make our hours on the beach perfect.
The Alpina Phuket Nalina is a bit off from the beach and Kata center, but seriously - it takes 10 min to walk to Dino and about the same to the south of Kata and on the way you pass a massage studio that's called Khun Nom "the Original Pink Ladies". They are soooo good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an eclectic mix of unrivalled services and facilities, Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort & Spa is the destination of choice for singles, couples and families alike. A combination of charming oriental hospitality showcased by friendly and personalized service and intelligently designed facilities creates a perfect holiday experience with memories to last a lifetime. The resort's peaceful setting fosters a laid-back and relaxed ambience in which guests can completely switch off and enjoy the luxury of the surroundings and the many facilities at their disposal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpina Phuket Nalina Hotel Karon
- Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort And Spa
- Alpina Phuket Nalina Resort & Spa Karon