All reviews karon beach hot thai dishes shower screen highest floor the location is perfect new wing swim up bar nice pool stayed here for a week buffet style swimming pool large room pleasant stay massage parlours welcome drink hotel is situated ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Reception staff and manager are rude!
My friend had emailed hotel before we confirmed booking and manager had said she would put an extra bed in her room free of charge. Upon arrival they wanted to charge an extra 900 baht per night for the bed. My friend showed the manager the email but she still refused to put an extra bed in the room and denied that she had sent the email even though her name was on it!
I was accused of stealing one of their shabby beach towels which did not have a logo. I was given this towel from housekeeping. They were implying I had lost their towel and taken another towel from another hotel. When they eventually gave me a clean towel, it also did not have a logo. In fact their were many towels without logos!
I was also charged for the drink upon arrival.
Wifi does not work in rooms-only by the pool and reception and you need to log in whenever you use it. Beds are hard and the bathroom was disgusting, I felt sick every time I looked in the sink!

Room tip: Don't bother-go elsewhere!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with my family. The first night we stayed in one of the pool access rooms and it smelled of mould. They gave us another room on the top floor that leaked when I rained. They then moved us back to another ground floor pool access room. The staff were friendly but I wouldn't stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Such a lovely place right in the middle of the seafront overlooking the sea. Staff are very friendly, their English is not brilliant but They tried very hard to understand and worked as a team if they thought someone else would understand better. Beautiful location and very helpful staff. Very clean and comfortable. 10 minutes walk to the centre but with many restaurants around .

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2016

We booked online and got a confirmation number and everything. We showed up at the hotel at midnight and was told they had no record of the reservation. I was willing to pay cash for the room, but they tried to increase the rate by 50%, even though I had proof or my reservation.

I went back online and showed them that the room was still being offered at the same rate I had booked it at. They said that "the internet rate is different then the walk in rate." I said I would book it over the internet. they said they would not accept my reservation, I was shocked.

They were so rude, unreasonable and disrespectful. When I said I would complain, and wanted their names, they refused to give their names or employee ID numbers. The included breakfast was the worst I ever had at a hotel.

The beach was nice, but the location was off the "beaten track"

Otherwise, the air conditioning barley worked.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank DavidG8539
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Before i made my booking with Booking . Com i emailed the hotel upon the booking.com website and enquired about having an extra bed in my room as it was myself and my two children at no extra cost. The hotel responded and agreed the sleeping was not a problem and it would be free of charge. Therefore i booked the hotel .
Upon arrival i was informed i would have to pay an extra 900 baht and even when i showed them our correspondence they were refused to give me an extra bed free of charge .
DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL there are plenty of other choices of real 4 star hotels. This is 1 star service . Wifi sometimes works . I emailed the manager and the reception with a copy of my confirmation and they are to arrogant to respond .
Fortunately the hospitality in other hotels is still of a high standard .

• Trip type: Traveled with family