It was my 50th and our 4 family groups went to the Horizon Karon Beach. Due to overbooking, one family group were "upgraded" to the Privilege Club. We went for a look and were physically escorted out by security staff and told by front desk staff that we were forbidden to enter again - great start! Now the upgrade excluded free drinks, newspaper etc so it was just a room change anyway and wasn't much better than ours. (try the Patra Bali for a real upgraded room). Someone broke a standard glass in their room - $6 thankyou. When leaving I asked the reception to call our transport, as it was late to get us back to the airport - $1 please and they didn't even try to wait for an answer before claiming no one answered and couldn't offer any further assistance. This was typical (and ongoing) poor customer service from what should have been a focussed effort to serve their guests. The front staff including the duty manager who I spoke with several times were horrible, rude and presented poorly and were in stark contrast with the rest of the hotel staff. This was a common theme shared amongst any guests that had dealings with them. The catering and hospitality staff were fantastic and could not do more for you - thanks Ake. Food was great and we enjoyed all free breakfasts and half our stay had evening meals included as well. Rooms were clean, everything worked well but I have no idea why they call them sea view rooms - what a joke and don't waste your money paying more as I beleive room allocation is random and not based on what you paid for. The hotel didn't even acknowledge my birthday so my sisters organised a $15 cake from the kitchen staff. We stayed at the Patra Bali last year and the couple we were with received two birthday cakes and a bunch of flowers for their respective birthdays and wedding anniversary - now that is service beyond expectations. The Horizon was the absolute opposite. As a cheap holiday, the package was cheap (av $100/night each including airfare/acc & most meals) so that is good value. Thanks to www.ineedaholiday.com.au. I am sorry it was let down by some penny pinching arrogant front desk staff. I would recommend looking at other hotels in the same area such as the Absolute or the Horizon Beach (both great locations) as Thailand is cheap at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket