“"Terrific once again"”

Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Karon
Perth, Australia
“"Terrific once again"”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our fourth stay at this hotel in five years. We were welcomed with friendly smiles and cool drinks after a full day travelling. Check in was swift thanks to Golf at the front desk. We stayed in the pool access rooms in the Privilege Wing for 12 days - they are very spacious and we found the beds to be a lot softer this time - good sleeping with no aches or pains. The buffet breakfast each morning was plentiful with something for everyone. Joy and Pam were attentive and welcoming each day and were a delight to talk to. All the staff we dealt with were polite and friendly and went out of their way to assist when necessary. We noticed that the hotel has been listening to guests remarks - the tuk tuk hours have been extended, the beds are definitely softer and security cameras were being installed during our stay. Thank you once again to the Horizon - keep up the good work and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: The Privilege wing rooms are very spacious and only adults are allowed in this secton.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Moira C Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed in the club wing and we really appreciated the increased level of privacy that it offered and the availability of a limited access pool. We didn't use the club wing for breakfast preferring the main dining area for it's variety although I heard a story that last nights left over Asian dishes became next mornings Asian breakfast options which we didn't like. The pool overall was very good and clean, the batman there (Oh is his name) was very good at his job. The rooms were very spacious with huge bathrooms that included a separate full size tub and shower (we had a deluxe room) and the hardest beds I have every encountered. Keep this in mind as I swear they may have been cast bronze with a duvet and pillows. I woke up each morning a aching a bit and wishing for better sleep.

I think the best bit about the hotel was the location and the staff who were all very friendly. Having stayed elsewhere on Phuket I feel there is greater value for money at other resorts in Patong but for people wanting to stay away from the party town and especially families this is a very good facility if the very very hard beds are taken into account.

Also there are quiet a lot of steps here and there with limited elevator facilities.

Room Tip: Deluxe pool view and pool access are look onto or out to the pool. Standard deluxe rooms have no vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nicktaz
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel was excellent, and found nothing to fault loved the tut tut up and down the hill!! Excellent staff, most helpful, food fantastic, the grounds are lovely, the service of our deluxe room was outstanding, all the staff were polite and respectful, always smiling I am very happy to recommend this hotel, the location of Karon beach was just what we want not to busy, and the hotel has a free shuttle a few times a day to Patong, so was easy to get to the busy centre, and the night life if that is want you wanted.

Room Tip: Book for the Privilege Club Wing for couples over the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ladypq
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived at around 10:15 p.m. at the hotel and had purchased the buffet dinner coupons. The buffet normally got over at 10:30 p.m. so upon arrival the receptionist was very welcoming and kindly suggested that we have our dinner first and then we could check in. We had our dinner in no rush and the food was decent as well. The rooms were really spacious and clean. Overall, the hotel is great for families, and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kaur k
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have recently returned from a 2 week stay at this resort and I was very pleased with all aspects. I was greeted on arrival in a friendly but efficent manner and shown to a well appointed room with both a sea and pool view. Yes I did have to climb up four flights of stairs, but the room was well maintained, cool and very quiet. There were always plenty of staff on hand to help with any needs, answer a question, arrange a tour or provide a Tuk Tuk back up the hill from the beach. On one occasion the staff cut through the language problems that I was having with another company by re-booking a rain attected trip for me and made sure that all details were confirmed according to my wishes. The only thing that I would caution about is to show some restraint at the buffet. This resort does not promote itself as 5 star and there are a few minor things that could be improved upon, but as a well priced base to enjoy and explore Phuket it has to be hard to beat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank mjcrus
Cape Town
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I had the misfortune of visiting this place a few weeks ago. I am of European descent and my girlfriend is of Asian descent (Chinese). We visited this establishment for a romantic holiday and this experience completely ruined it for us:

One evening we returned to the hotel fairly late. At the entrance the security guard started speaking Thai to my girlfriend. We informed him that she was not Thai and proceeded to walk into the hotel. By the time we had reached the front desk, the security guard was following and screaming at my girlfriend.
I informed the front of desk that she was not Thai (as they assumed she was a prostitute), yet this person was just as unfriendly, unwilling to stop the screaming guard and angrily demanding our room number.

I am just appalled and shocked at this level of discrimination and abuse. The hotel has offered no apology and both my girlfriend and I felt unwelcome, threatened and disgusted at this incident.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
20 Thank 123JCLeRoux
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

When we first arrived my fiancé and I had been put in a double queen room... This to us was quite disappointing but when approaching guest relations about our problem they assured us that as soon as a king room became available we would get it... And sure enough the next day we were in a king room... Very clean quite and comfortable hotel probably perfect for older couples not much atmosphere and a bit out of the action for young couples like ourselves... Free shuttle bus to patong was a bonus only limited running times was its downfall...

• Stayed August 2013