Enjoyed staying here.
Nice Pool (not sure what everyone is whinging about). There are some walls of the pool which are slimey but that is due to the material used on the wall, not because of uncleanliness.
Clean rooms (mid size)
Buffet food in morning and evening was nice (particularly like Indian night and wishing I tried the "award winning" Indian restaurant now.
Lovely grounds. Get up early enough and you will see some weasel like creatures climbing the trees.
Reception staff were friendly enough
Pool bar was nice and it was great to see the staff were actually good at making cocktails
Guards make you feel safe (most of the time)
Good location on the fringe of Karon and Kata
Great bar around corner called Baan Siam which has a fantastic rock band. "The Mosquitos" fronted by the current Journey singers brother "Jolly Boy" Bineda
Beds were very comfortable, firm but nice.
Guards guard the place like a prison. If you arrive late, a guard will follow you all the way from front gate to your room. The last night the guard followed us right to our door.
You are not allowed to have guests stay or visit, hence the close security guard attention.
The place is filled with families and this means the pool is quite busy with families.
The hill is doable but I will admit it is a pain in the [--] even with moderate fitness level. I don't envy the elderly that stay here.
Shower positioning is odd. It's difficult to get to the tap because of the way the building is designed. Also water seeps around the bath top as it's shower over bath design.
Pool closes at 8pm which is standard, but it would be nice for once to see a hotel allow it to stay open till 10pm.
Great overall stay with a friend with some minor let downs. Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket