My partner and I stayed here in a pool access privilege wing room and was quite impressed. The room was spacious, clean and everything worked well. The wifi was a bit temperamental bit still worked. The beds were very firm, but we both were used to that so it was comfortable.
You can't see the beach from the resort well at all so don't expect seaviews, in fact, dont expect any great views, it isnt what the resort is about. our room was great in that we could see the beautiful blue of the pool. thats all we needed. we were happy to go out to see the views.
The vip pool was beautiful. It was quiet (no kids allowed) and the swim up bar made it so easy to relax with a drink and some music. It was also nice to have our own sun beds and umbrella outside our room.
The buffet breakfast was fabulous! Great selection, and it changed slightly everyday. the breakfast in the privilege lounge was average, but the snacks and drinks from 12-2pm were quite nice! Was some hot food and some cold food available and again, changed everyday.
The staff were lovely and very welcoming. They even had a cake for me on my birthday!
The resort is located on a hill so it can be a bit challenging going up and down stairs and hills but you get used to it. I did pick a bottom level room to avoid stairs but unfortunately the way the resort is, reception and the restaurants are all upstairs.
They do provide a free tuk tuk up and down the big hill until 9pm which is very handy and takes you right to the beach, the shops and restaurants.
The free shuttle to patong didn't run often at all and was only in the afternoon. It was a bit of a pain and rarely suited our times to get it there and back.
There are so many nice restaurants (mainly to the right, in a cluster) that i wouldn’t bother eating dinner at the resort. Nice to get out and about!
I did try the spa, which was nice, but better value on the street for a massage. We went back to 'Welcome Massage' a few times cas they were lovely and did a good job.
Overall a pleasant stay. Didnt seem to get scammed or have rude encounters people have put in reviews.
I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket