Whilst I except everybody has different expectations for their holidays, however I do not understand the negative comments made about this hotel. The Centara Karon Beach far exceeded ours and was a place that we hope to return to.
From the moment we arrived the staff could not have been more polite or helpful. Always smiling and ready to help. The booking in process was so easy and well done. The reception staff did most of the work while we had a free drink.
We only booked a superior double terrace room ( their lowest standard room) but it was huge. It was clean, spacious and had all the facilities that you would hope to have; tea/ coffee making facilities, mini bar, free bottled water ( 1 bottle per person per day), free use of a in room safety deposit box,TV, hair dryer, beautiful smelling toiletries daily, a huge and I mean huge double bed, small settee and a balcony with a small table and chairs. What is there to complain about?
The facilities around the complex we felt were excellent. The Lagoon Restaurant for breakfast was a joy. The staff greeted you with a smile every morning and the quality and choice of food was outstanding. The 3 pools were also excellent as all had their own qualities. The terrace pool was small yet quiet although it had little shade should need to get out of the sun. The Lagoon Pool was large and had a swim up bar. It had lots of things to do; inflatables to use, balls to play with and floats for children to use. There were loads of sunbeds and umbrellas so there was never a need to get up at the crack of dawn to secure one! The Tropix Pool was also big with plenty of sunbeds and again a swim up bar. A Pool Towel service was provided free whereby you each were given a card which you exchanged for a clean towel which you could not only use at the pool but also at the beach or on any excursions so no need to pack gaint beach towels.
The beach was amazing. Golden sands, plenty of sunbeds and sun umbrellas available. which you will ned as it gets so very very hot! A word of slight warning though, the sea can be choppy and have large waves but there a flags around offering advice. Just need to be sensible and use your brains when going in the sea.
Plenty of bars and restaurants surround the complex although we never experienced any problems with noise during our stay that others have mentioned even though our room overlooked the street. The food locally was so fresh and so cheap( I am a chef by trade). As mentioned by many others, head for the Red Onion to eat but be prepared to wait as there is always a queue. However the restaurant opposite The Red Onion ( says Family Seafood Restaurant on their sign) is just as good. We ate there often due to the huge queues at The Red Onion.
You must have a massage of some description while you are there. Massages are to die for and so cheap.
Our experience was wonderful and we would have no hestiation in recommeding the Centara Karon Beach and Karon Beach area to anyone
Overall Centara Karon Beach was far beyond our expectations and we would go back tomorrow if we could. Don`t be put off by negative comments. Having travelled extensively,nowhere is ever completely perfect unless you pay absolute top whack even though in our humble opinion,Centara Karon Beach comes close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon