I stayed 3 nights prebooked in early December 2009 and found the Centara Karon Beach probably the worse hotel I've stayed in for many years. The management were inflexible and seemed more interested in extracting as many service charges or "fines" as possible. Their internet charge was 10 X the local cafe rate. The staff were on the whole pleasant but there was a distinct sense of following a set routine and thus actual customer service was fairly poor. The room size was OK, but this was offset by the pest problems; red ants in the bathroom and a cockroach on the bed when I returned one night that forced me to change rooms. There was no pest reporting procedure as I got a blank look when I asked about this. I was staying several floors up so I think infestation could be a problem. Apart from a mention by the checking out staff no kind of formal mangemant apology was offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon