I had been looking forward to this hoilday for months. Imagine arriving after a flight to Phuket via Singapore from London only to be told the room you paid from was not available and they had no record of it. We booked a pool cabana and were told they were fully booked and then offered the premier honeymoon suite. After a lot of hassle we were eventually told we could move into the cabana 3 days later, originally they said a week. Not what we wanted to hear but 3 days is better than a week. It was Easter at the time and then Songkran so I think here is where the problem had started. I informed our travel agent who did liase with the hotel.
The hotel was full. It was hard to get a bed at the pool. Beds had been reserved even though there are signs telling you this is not allowed but it still goes on. We complained but all we were told is to complain to management. They didn't seem interested. So rather than get up everyday to get a bed we went to Kata Noi beach on our hired motorbike. It was a lovely beach and not busy at all.
The honeymoon suite was situated in the terraces. All I can say if it was our honeymoon we would have had a divorce!!! A nice room but not if it was your honeymoon.
We didn't unpack for 3 days and we could not relax and enjoy our holiday. Eventually we moved into the cabana and what a difference. We are so glad we stayed there as I prefered the location of the cabanas and the rooms were far superior. They were an oasis of tranquility and I highly recommend them.
Staff were very pleasant. One day my partner left the keys in our motorbike. A security guard noticed took them out and left us a note to say he had them . You can't imagine how grateful we were.
Breakfast was ok usual hotel breakfast we didn't eat any other meals at the hotel so can't comment. We ate dinner at he Red Onion which was about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.The food is traditional Thai and just fantastic and so reasonable. We tried 1 or 2 other places but just kept coming back to this restaurant. It was always busy here.
After the initial hiccup our holiday was fine. I think if I went back I would stay in Kata it had more of a village feel where as Karon was a bit more spread out.
It was my 1st visit to Phuket having been many times to Samui and we felt it would be a change. Would I go back to Phuket? Probably not I missed the feel of an island. I didn't think Phuket would be so big I could have been on the mainland. Also when staying in Samui the hotel was on the beach and I missed that in Phuket.
I'm glad I visited but won't be rushing back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon