Finally I have managed to write this review.....I spent from April 21st April until 3rd May 2008 at Centara Karon. My arrival was greeted by the warm smiles of the lovely desk staff and check in was smooth. I was inspired and pleasantly surpirsied when I was shown my room by the friendly staff. It was well appointed, spacious + found access very easy. The location of this hotel was absolutely perfect. Nestled amoungst shops, restaurants, and bars, all within a few minutes walking. The beach is about 5 minutes walk and is well worth it. Both Karon + Kata beaches are so much nicer than Patong beach.
The hotel has 4 levels of accommodation available, I stayed in the refurbished ocean view terraces. I did take a tour of the upgrade rooms( The Lagoon, Tropicale and private Cabanas) and would stay at The Lagoon next time. Room access is easier there(don’t have to go through lobby + up elevator) and the setting is more tropical. Also if you are lucky enough to get a room on the ground floor of this section you can walk out onto the grass and pool. My room was cleaned once daily with the upgraded room cleaned more often.
Breakfast was the only meal I eat in the hotels I stay at and it was plentiful, sometimes the buffet could have been a little warmer but on the whole it was great. The entire setting is quiet and very pleasant. There is a fitness center, not that I used it and a games room.
Right at the doorstep of Centara is a multitude of shops, bars, convenience stores and restaurants.
Had a little problem at check out with the eftpos machine but that was quickly sorted out by the friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again and have since spoken to several other people I know who have stayed there and we all agree, the place was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon